Airbnb service Fee changed from 3% Host fee to 15%

Nicha2
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Airbnb service Fee changed from 3% Host fee to 15%

I was recently testing out a company called Dtravel completely unaware that it would change my airbnb settings and change the host fee structure from 3% host fee to 15%.  Airbnb informed me oh well now your a software company.  Upon further investigation i saw Dtravel use a white label channel manager Channex.  So i went into the settings and removed channex.  I also looked at the service fee settings and see that despite it being set as 3% host fee im still getting bookings charging 15% + VAT host fee.

After 3 weeks despite calling and raising several support tickets nothing has been resolved.

2 Replies 2
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Yes setting is on 3% host service fee.  So should reflect on inquiries or pending bookings but now im what im seeing is service fee 15% + VAT wording removed yet after doing the calculation, still charging me 15% + VAT (which btw is 3%).  

Airbnb support, every agent says the same next future inquiry or pending booking will be the 3% yet its not. Nothing gets actioned from airbnb, obviously is a software error, 3 weeks later still nothing updated.

I dont want to change all my rates to then have to potentially change them again. I have been convincing guests to pay more and also been convincing guests to pay for one night and then in extra services section charging them for the remainder nights there. only work around so far. Im mean kind of stupid from airbnb because they will make less money from their own error.