How to become a co-host

Troyanne0
Level 2
Miami, FL

How to become a co-host

Hello how do you become a Co-host with little to no experience?

6 Replies 6

@Troyanne0 Becoming a co-host on Airbnb with little to no experience can be a rewarding way to start your journey in hospitality and property management. You can reach out to friends, family, or acquaintances who currently host on Airbnb and express your interest in co-hosting. Co-hosts assist property owners in managing their listings on Airbnb. Tasks can include creating listings, communicating with guests, and managing bookings, so it may help if you start co-hosting with your friends or family. Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for this feedback ? How do I go about it if I have no family or friends that has an Airbnb business? 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Troyanne0 👋

To elaborate on what @Alicia753 has said, you can find more information here: How to find and become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb?

A couple of Hosts here also Co-Host too: @Helen3 & @Joan2709, how did you guys get started? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Troyanne0 

@Alicia753 has an excellent idea! That is exactly how I got started! A friend had two properties and asked me to help out with some of her signs (she wanted professional looking ones). I started with helping her with that and it went from there. I got curious and  I spent alot (and I mean alot 😊!) of time watching YouTube videos about operating an Airbnb and what makes a successful one. Tons of videos out there. Then, I assisted her in linking/syncing one of her Airbnb Listings to her Vrbo listing. That helped me learn the Vrbo platform also. So I watched some more YouTube videos on Vrbo 😊. She then referred me to other Hosts and it has gone from there. 

I will say you have to put the time in to do your "homework" and develop the skills needed. Learning all aspects of how a successful Airbnb operates is key (including cleaning it!). It helps if you are comfortable with technology, as much of what goes into successful Hosting revolves around this and using those digital tools in operating the business. As @Alicia753 said, starting with a friend or family member is a great way to get the skills you need. 

Wishing you much success! Let us know how it goes!

Thank you so much I have been doing this on my spare time, but how do I go about it if I don’t have family or friends that has a Airbnb business? Are there any websites where you will list yourself as a host ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I got started as a cohost @Troyanne0  because I was an experienced Superhost so was approached locally to cohost for others.

If you don't have any contacts looking for cohosts you could start by offering a room in your home so you build up your knowledge and experience.

There are so many experienced hosts who understand the platforms who offer cohosting services,  it is harder for those with no experience to gain traction in the market.