2 bedroom unit, 1 person per room

Bernadette431
Level 1
Benalla, Australia

2 bedroom unit, 1 person per room

We have a 2 bedroom unit.  Bedroom 1: King bed, Bedroom 2: split-king or king.  We are pricing our unit on Bedroom 1: 2 person.  There is absolutely no where where we can add that person 2 using the 2nd bedroom incurs an extra cost per night.  

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bernadette431 the only way around your problem is to have two listings. A 1 bed and a 2 bed listing with their calendars linked to avoid double bookings.

In high season you can block the calendar of the 1 bed to force people into the 2 bed as blocking one calendar doesn't block the other. Also put a deadlock on the 2nd bedroom door so you can ensure the room stays clean when rented as a 1 bed place.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Bernadette431  What is your reasoning behind locking the second bedroom other than earning extra money for making up the bed?   

I found your text to be slightly off-putting that the second bedroom would be locked.  As an older person with a spouse who snores and who finds rental property beds not always comfortable, I would want access to an alternate sleeping location for either peace and quiet or a more comfortable mattress.  I have 2 bedroom properties and I have had many guests that I assumed were couples who slept separately.

Anyway, my opinion is that you would be better off adjusting your nightly rate and offering the entire property to your guests.