Access management

Answered!
Verity42
Level 2
Wolverley, United Kingdom

Access management

Hello, what are the best access management / key safe solutions people have found?

Wanting something reliable and sturdy.

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Verity42
Level 2

Replying to self, to share our findings:

After lots of research, we found this 'police preferred' key safe: https://keysafe.co.uk/products/ark-tamo-key-safe

It has multiple security standards (which I recently found out the cheaper scroll locks do not have!), and has big light up buttons and an LED inside, which will be great for guests arriving late at night, making it easy for them to see and less fiddly.

They don't need a power source, so no wiring, and don't need an internet connection, so it's sure to work every time.

This is undoubtably how we will allow access when we are not on site - easy to use, easy to see and super secure.

Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Verity42 , Check-ins and smart locks have been one of the most popular topics on the Community Center! How are you progressing with deciding the best access solutions that would suit your listing and hosting style? I wanted to share a few conversation on the topic, if you're interested in reading what other Hosts say about smart locks : 👉 Click here to view discussions👈 

I also look forward to read suggestions from Hosts @Hermien8 @Luke625 @Scott1902 @Ann38632 @George1988 @Laura6801 @Kyle880 @Karen4192 @Miguel2294 @Greg2406 @Todd609 @Gregory668 @Gaynor39 @Farah148 who had shared their wonderful approach for self check-in on the topic 👉 What's your preferred check-in system and style?

👈 ; if they have any recommendations for your case 👀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Verity42
Level 2

Thanks, I have also replied on there to share my findings! 

Verity42
Level 2

Replying to self, to share our findings:

After lots of research, we found this 'police preferred' key safe: https://keysafe.co.uk/products/ark-tamo-key-safe

It has multiple security standards (which I recently found out the cheaper scroll locks do not have!), and has big light up buttons and an LED inside, which will be great for guests arriving late at night, making it easy for them to see and less fiddly.

They don't need a power source, so no wiring, and don't need an internet connection, so it's sure to work every time.

This is undoubtably how we will allow access when we are not on site - easy to use, easy to see and super secure.

Hope this helps! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your findings @Verity42 ! Appreciate it 😊 

Do keep us posted how guests approach this key safe system and how you plan to share self-check-in instructions with guests 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

To be honest this is the most reliable I have found on Amazon. The most interesting part is the remote access feature. It comes with a wi-fi hub that allows me to manage the lock box from anywhere. 
One-time temporary codes, Real-time usage locks, remote unlock, smart key cards etc 

This is some high tech stuff I just managed to stumble on after much research. Hope it helps.

https://www.amazon.com/LINKSTYLE-Anywhere-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Fingerprint/dp/B0CT1QQZ3H

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.24.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-07-25 at 5.25.14 PM.png