Add photo to Scheduled Message.

Answered!
Kate721
Level 2
North Avoca, Australia

Add photo to Scheduled Message.

Would really love it if Airbnb gave us the option to add a photo to a scheduled message. 

I currently use Hospitable as I can add photos.  Would change over to Airbnb for messaging, if we had this option. 

1 Best Answer
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Kate721. As @Helen3 has stated, images can be uploaded through the message board. I use this feature on my portable devices regularly.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

I hope this addressed soon.  There are great canvas that can be used to send messages that cannot be utilized.

Hi Catherine! Wanted to see if there's any updates for this - it would be extremely helpful because instructions are shown easier with images for guest check in process! Thanks!

This would be a great addition. I have an espresso machine, and a lot of guests are not familiar with how to use it, so I manually send instruction, pictures, or links. I feel like adding pictures to my automated message will make things easier. Im looking forward for this update

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jay1940 

Do you not include this sort of information in your visitor guide? That's what I do .

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

yes, the OP should untick "resolved" if they can. 

Ramon545
Level 2
Houston, TX

This seems like a feature we would all use. I have to go back after the scheduled message sent and manually attach photos. Sometimes, if you don't do it right after the scheduled message, people are waiting for the pictures. I like to give a visual of where to park, how the keypad works, the actual house itself. This should be expedited and as hosts we would be most appreciative! 

Sandy188
Level 3
Wilmington, NC

Me too!
Due to having a lot info that is critical that my guests READ & pay attention.

The only way I've been able to do this for the past 10 years is to send an email; includes pictures. Guests do not always read through the email, as well as, some disregard it; maybe believing it odd, due to it being advised to stay on message board (& emails being discouraged). I live in townhome community. It's difficult for guests to find their parking space. Some guests have been extremely frustrated from the very start of stay. There is other information that I absolutely have to provide to guests to prevent disturbances to my neighbors; i.e.,  standing on my neighbor's porch, (usually happens during the stay), neighbors have had a few surprise walk-ins when their door is unlocked by my guests; and just as bad, is when my guests park in a neighbor's space.

There are about 10 bnb's in the neighborhood. This seriously jeopardizes continued STRs for all of us in the neighborhood; affecting livelihoods & lifestyles! The HOA only needs just 1-2 more complaints before calling a vote to ban STRs.

There's no doubt that it would be a simple tech addition enabling photo or PDF uploads to scheduled messages.

It is quite frustrating, esp. when there's otherwise quite a lengthy elaboration of options to choose to include in the pop ups; mostly redundant as there are already noted sections where that info is provided by hosts; thus very limited regarding needs of hosts, to aid guests in smooth and easygoing stays.

The issue is absolutely NOT resolved.
The "Help" section instructs hosts to upload these particular pictures and PRIVATE INFO TO BE PUBLICLY POSTED in the listing.

Heck, only about 65% of my guests read the entire listing or recall all info provided in the listing! 

>>>Besides my detailed parking map picture - designed for a kindergartener to follow, I also have to provide written directions, in case guests miss a detail or two on the map. 

Nearing the stay date, notifications of the most relevant, necessary info by sectional pop-up scheduled messages gets attention. THIS WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL TO GUESTS.

Cheryl831
Level 1
Sandy, UT

This is such a basic ask. Hosts need to keep pressing for it. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As mentioned in earlier replies you can easily add photos to messages on Airbnb on your phone @Cheryl831 

What do you want hosts to 'press for'?

I want to be able to add a photo to "scheduled Messages" so I don't have to add the photo of their parking spot manually after my scheduled Check-in message every single time. I can do it on VRBO. If there is a way to do this on AirBNB, I haven't found it.

I see that you can add pictures when you message a guest. However can one add pictures when scheduling a message? 

Helen for those that run 3-4 units attaching a photo to a message is not what we want. This becomes very tedious and extra work. We want a photo attached to A SCHEDULED message not just through the Airbnb message thread.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

you can do that too 🤣🤣 @Jerry38 

Would you mine sharing how to attach photos to a scheduled message? Thank you so much!

@Helen3  How do you schedule a message with a photo attached. I cant find it anywhere?  your help would be appreciated