Advice for New Host

Answered!
Hayden83
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Advice for New Host

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Hayden. My brother and I just bought our first STR investment property located in Park Circle. Would love any feedback yall would have! Excited to be a part of this group. Thanks! https://abnb.me/bEBdgsQHPFb

Top Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Hayden83  OMG, PLEASE take out the part about hosting a bachelor/bachelorette/family gathering/party!!! You do NOT want parties at your place, and AirBnB will take down your listing for having the word party in it, aside from all of the other BAD things that will happen with a party in an AirBnB. 

Your cleaning fee is high, and your price seems very low. It might be wise to absorb some of that cleaning fee into your nightly price. I realize you have a discount for your first three bookings, but the price still seems very low. Low prices attract bad guests. Scammers also target new hosts, so please be careful. 

Other than that, you've done a great job setting it up, and it looks very nice. Good luck! 

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Your space looks Great. Good job setting it up. Exciting…. 
FYI: 

Double check safety issues with bunk beds.

Other than that: Have fun and enjoy serving people.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Hayden83  OMG, PLEASE take out the part about hosting a bachelor/bachelorette/family gathering/party!!! You do NOT want parties at your place, and AirBnB will take down your listing for having the word party in it, aside from all of the other BAD things that will happen with a party in an AirBnB. 

Your cleaning fee is high, and your price seems very low. It might be wise to absorb some of that cleaning fee into your nightly price. I realize you have a discount for your first three bookings, but the price still seems very low. Low prices attract bad guests. Scammers also target new hosts, so please be careful. 

Other than that, you've done a great job setting it up, and it looks very nice. Good luck! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Hayden83,

You've got some great advice here and as @Kia272 has mentioned, please see the latest information and policy on parties/gatherings etc. 

Did any of the answers below help you or prompt you to change anything in your listing? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines