Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

39716847_05.jpg

Hello everyone

I hope the start of fall/spring is shaping up beautifully in your area! 🍃/🍂

For many guests, having access to laundry facilities might be an important aspect of their stay, though this need often varies depending on the location and the nature of their trip.

Are guests able to do laundry at your property? If so, do you provide cleaning supplies, such as laundry detergent? If you don’t offer this service, I’d love to hear your reasons in the comments.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

96 Replies 96
Laurie776
Level 2
Shaftsbury, VT

I do not have a separate area from my home for laundry.

Although , in the case of someone needed to, on occasion. I would make an exception.

Its within my home…..I work part time out of my home during the daytime hours.

I think it could get a bit complicated.

Yes, definitely! We provide not scented & non allergic detergent sheets for all of our guests 😉

Karen194
Level 2
Nantucket, MA

Hi,  Yes I offer commercial speed queen washer and dryer.  They are located in our basement.  $3 for a wash $2 for a dry.  I leave out the quarters and we go by the honor system.     Karen from Nantucket

Karishma13
Level 2
Cupertino, CA

Yes, we have a laundry room and provide laundry soap, dryer sheets for free. 

Kelly2095
Level 2
Kernersville, NC

I feel it is important to provide a home-like experience for my guests. This ensures them to have a positive stay and promotes a comfortable feel while staying at your property.

Provide "extras"  such as laundry detergent for convenience . It doesn't cost much and makes all the difference.  

Hi Paula 

Yes, guests are able to use washing machine to do laundry at our property. Usage varies, some use the facility quite a lot and others don’t.

Cheers 

Jen9670
Level 2
Brattleboro, VT

My situation is a little bit unique. My AirBnB does not have a washer and dryer in the guest's space, and there's really no room for installing them, but the guest suite is upstairs over my vintage clothing shop, where I DO have a large capacity washer and dryer that I use to clean my vintage inventory. So my policy is that IF a guest is staying less than 7 days, no laundry facilities are available and I simply direct them to the neighborhood laundromat nearby. And IF a guest is staying longer than 7 days, I do offer them a key to access my shop washer and dryer. But they would need to agree to scheduling times they can use it, because for security reasons I can not leave a guest alone at night doing their laundry in my store. And there are some days I can not share the laundry machines, like when I am preparing a large batch of vintage clothes for a fashion photo shoot with models.

I have only been hosting since April and so far, no guest staying over 7 days has opted to use my shop's laundry. One guest staying 3 days asked about it, but was fine with going to the laundromat. Most of my guests are here for 3 to 5 nights and it really has not been an issue. I should add that I am not near a beach, so there's no sand or beach towels to contend with, and I do not host guests with pets or small children.

I DO really wish that AirBnB offered more listing options or a way to customize the amenities on the listing for washer and dryer. The choices are to say the machines are in the unit, or they are not available, or there is a paid washer and dryer in the building. None of those are totally accurate for my guest suite. I would love to have the option to say it's available for long term stays only, and it's available during specific business hours. I selected "paid laundry in building" but I am not charging them and I would provide the detergent and supplies.