Are welcome snacks allowed?

Answered!
Matilda49
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Are welcome snacks allowed?

Are welcome snacks allowed post-Covid? I’m wanting to leave a welcome basket, but not sure if it’s allowed.

1 Best Answer
Pamela853
Level 5
Occidental, CA

Wow- I have always left a welcome basket (wine, chocolate, dried fruit from our farm), as well as have a coffee-bar type thing in the kitchen with coffee, teas, and breakfast bars (to give guests a perk once they land after a potentially long day of travel). Never even thought about whether or not that would be 'allowed'. I can't imagine any issue if things are sealed. And, i can tell you most all my guests acknowledge the basket with appreciation. I think it's a nice touch, and makes a stay feel personal. I'd say go for it!

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matilda49 As the WHO has declared the pandemic over I would hope you can now. How long it takes Airbnb to catch up is another thing altogether.

Sorry, I meant after Covid appeared as “post-Covid”, not that it is over since I know hosts provided snacks prior to Covid appearing. 

Pamela853
Level 5
Occidental, CA

Wow- I have always left a welcome basket (wine, chocolate, dried fruit from our farm), as well as have a coffee-bar type thing in the kitchen with coffee, teas, and breakfast bars (to give guests a perk once they land after a potentially long day of travel). Never even thought about whether or not that would be 'allowed'. I can't imagine any issue if things are sealed. And, i can tell you most all my guests acknowledge the basket with appreciation. I think it's a nice touch, and makes a stay feel personal. I'd say go for it!

We provide a basket of snacks plus coffee and tea. Even during pandemic. They were all prepackaged items (chips, cookies, etc…) and bottled water in the fridge, all met city safety guidelines. 

Thank you! Will look at city guidelines and do that! 

Yes, it’s a nice gesture. Will definitely do that. It’s our first Airbnb so wanted to make sure I wasn’t breaking any rules. 

@Matilda49 , we have always provided prepackaged snacks and drinks for our guest(s). We will also start offering seasonal organic fruit (from our trees) this year as well. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Matilda49 and Welcome to our Community Center! 😊 I'd like to extend my best wishes to you on your hosting journey.

It's great to see so many of our members sharing their experiences with you. Thank you @Ana2038 @Christine615 @Pamela853 for your valuable contributions.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad