Bed Sheets

Answered!
Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

Bed Sheets

Hello Hosts!  I am curious about the kinds of sheets you use on your beds?  I personally like crispy white cotton sheets not microfiber or polyester.  What types of sheets have worked best for you and comforters as well?  How many pillows do you supply each person?  Are your guests happy?  Thanks for answering Im anxious to see what you all have to say!  Cheers!  Eileen

1 Best Answer

Hello, Ellen,

In our setting, we also opt for cotton materials. During the spring, summer, and fall, we prefer grey-yellow or grey-white check patterns that complement our comforter. Each person receives two pillows, one of which is a "green" bamboo pillow, while the other is a hypoallergenic one. Our mattress features a medium-firm pillow top.

When winter arrives, we switch to red and black checkered flannel sheets and pillowcases. One set of pillows is enveloped in white cotton, and our comforter alternates between white or a red and white quilt. This change aligns with the cozy ambiance of our log cabin.

For softening our cotton, we rely on baking soda and vinegar, as it's environmentally friendly and beneficial for health, plus it doesn't introduce scents but maintains freshness.

As a subtle touch, I incorporate essential oils in my dryer, using wool dryer balls, for a hint of a refreshing aroma.  Visit for more https://apkhexo.com/

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Eileen462 200+ thread count cotton sheets - They do get scrapped regularly so its not worth paying for higher quality. 2 pillows per person. NO comforters because unless they are washed between guests (as rightly required by the Airbnb cleaning protocols) they are horribly unhygienic. Far better to supply duvets in covers. Oh and waterproof mattress protectors -possibly the ones that totally encapsulate the mattress and are bed bug resistant if your area suffers from these little blighters.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Thank you Mike and Jane!

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Eileen462 

@Mike-And-Jane0  have excellent recommendations. Definitely the mattress covers (I have two of them layered on the mattress), and pillow covers that are damp, dust and bug protective. 

Sheets I prefer are bamboo rayon. I always go for natural fibers for comfort and for not adding microfiber bits to the water supply via the washer. 

@Kitty-and-Creek0   Hello there thanks I like bamboo myself  rayon is good.  Do you use white or colored sheets?  white is easier to bleach.   Eileen

@Eileen462 

We use a calming color, right now it is a light blue. We never use bleach on anything. Thanks for asking.

Renee659
Level 2
Kirksville, MO

Hi Ellen

We use cotton as well, however we use grey yellow or grey white check during  spring summer fall, which match comforter. We furnish 2 pillows per person one is a “green” bamboo pillow the other a hypo allergenic pillow. Our mattress is a pillow top med firm.

When winter hits we change to red n black checkered flannel sheets and pillow case one set of pillows then is in white cotton comforter is white or quilt of red and white. We feel this fits with the atmosphere of our log cabin 

Using baking soda and or vinegar helps soften cotton and is good of environment as well as healthy for folks, also not scents just fresh .

I do use essential oil in my dryer (wool dryer balls) for just abit of uplift 

@Renee659   Reneeflannel sheet sound lovely!  I will try that this winter too!  Eileen

@Eileen462 Sheets:

Organic. 100% cotton. White always so they can be washed with some bleach to be completely disinfected after each guest(s).

2 pillows per guest. 

Stay well. 

Hello, Ellen,

In our setting, we also opt for cotton materials. During the spring, summer, and fall, we prefer grey-yellow or grey-white check patterns that complement our comforter. Each person receives two pillows, one of which is a "green" bamboo pillow, while the other is a hypoallergenic one. Our mattress features a medium-firm pillow top.

When winter arrives, we switch to red and black checkered flannel sheets and pillowcases. One set of pillows is enveloped in white cotton, and our comforter alternates between white or a red and white quilt. This change aligns with the cozy ambiance of our log cabin.

For softening our cotton, we rely on baking soda and vinegar, as it's environmentally friendly and beneficial for health, plus it doesn't introduce scents but maintains freshness.

As a subtle touch, I incorporate essential oils in my dryer, using wool dryer balls, for a hint of a refreshing aroma.  Visit for more https://apkhexo.com/

@Lyla20 

Hello Lyla!  Thank you for this fantastic reply!  How do you use the baking soda and vinegar in your wash???  and where o you buy the wool dryer balls?  Smiles,  Eileen