Brand new hosts

Carrie606
Level 1
Wayland, MA

Brand new hosts

Hello!  My husband and I listed a new property today and we received quite a few inquiries, which is great, but three of them were for tonight for one night.  Is that type of last minute booking typical.  Looking for guidance, shared experiences, and advice.  Thanks in advance,

carrie

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Carrie606 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

I'm going to tag some experienced Hosts in that will be able to support here - @Kia272@Helen56 & @Debra300 could you support our brand new Hosts with this question? Thanks so much in advance. 🤗

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Carrie606,

Welcome to the Airbnb community board, which consists of guests and hosts who share experiences and information.  However, do not simply rely upon this as your primary source of hosting insight.  The advice that I suggest the most often is to always reference the Airbnb Help Center: www.airbnb.com/help for official guidance about policies and processes.  

I know many hosts are anxious to put up their listings to start taking reservations and earning money, but I highly recommend that they do a lot of research before publishing their listing to avoid some costly mistakes.  The board contains years of historical postings which can be searched at the top of the page.  

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Carrie606 @Rebecca Hi Carrie, I never do same day bookings because I have read on the community forums here many times that these booking tend to cause problems.  For my listing I have 3 days out, this gives me time to prepare the room and clean my house.  I don't want to be rushed between guests and also want to make sure that my house, and their room and bathroom is spotless.   I also have a life outside of Airbnb so need these days to prepare, on my own time, for guests.