Can you give me some advice on pools/shared spaces please?

Answered!
Igor572
Level 1
Panama City Beach, FL

Can you give me some advice on pools/shared spaces please?

Hello Airbnb community, blessed to be a part of you and thank you all for looking into my question!

I'm planning to list 4plex on airbnb in Panama City Beach area, close to the beach.

The property has a large backyard which I initially planned to slice into 4 small private yards, make it pet friendly, put a hot tub.....etc.

However, recently stayed in similar 4 unit property in Dunedin where there was a shared pool, and I liked the idea, felt like mini resort.

I know shared spaces may be not nice for shy people or pets as they will definitely interfere each other, may run into uncomfortable situations.

Therefore I call for community help:

1. Should I go for a one big shared pool?

2. Should I separate backyard and do 4 small pools per unit, entirely private?

3. OR maybe I should go cheap and just do 4 backyards per unit?

I would appreciate your opinion

1 Best Answer
Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Hi @Igor572 ,,

if you are going to have a pool , it definitely will be nice to share with others. I think it is better to design something the guests can have their own private space such as units, but something they can share such as a pool or a park ,  Like where you stayed, the unit is private space, the pool is public space. Perhaps you can create a space for the dogs ( like a dog park, café environment ) where the dogs and the owners can go out to social. 

Sarah

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Igor572 

Welcome to the Community Center!

I've updated the title of your post to try and attract some more attention, so that you can get some advice from our members on this.

Are you leaning towards any particular configuration so far?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Hi @Igor572 ,,

if you are going to have a pool , it definitely will be nice to share with others. I think it is better to design something the guests can have their own private space such as units, but something they can share such as a pool or a park ,  Like where you stayed, the unit is private space, the pool is public space. Perhaps you can create a space for the dogs ( like a dog park, café environment ) where the dogs and the owners can go out to social. 

Sarah

Thank you so much for your input, I like the idea of cafe-like space which is shared, I think I'm gonna go with a shared pool, small dog park and a poolside cafe/tikibar with a daybeds. This is a great idea!

Ahmad182
Level 2
Arizona, United States

I write this as a guest (but learning to get into the Airbnb business), I would personally love a private pool and would pay more to have that than a shared pool. Especially as someone with a family.

Why:

It's private! I can share with my family without having to worry about other factors such as safety and cleanliness or seeing unwanted views.

Examples of this:

I've come across these many times in my travels. The most memorable was in South Africa on a safari where each unit on the property had their own small pool with an amazing view.

A shared pool can be an excellent amenity for residents and can help promote a sense of community. However, it can also be more expensive to build and maintain, and may require additional safety and liability considerations.

Private pools can provide residents with a sense of exclusivity and privacy. However, they can be more expensive to build and maintain for each unit, and may require additional space for installation.