Change old phone number

Daniel8517
Level 1
Heidelberg, Germany

Change old phone number

Hi guys,

I need your help since the airbnb support can‘t help me (which is ridiculous). I registrated with a phone number 4 ago which is not existing anymore.

Since I‘m hosting I also need the payout and furthermore the guests the right phonenumber. The problem is, that I can‘t change my phone number bc everytime I try to edit or add another number airbnb sends me a verification code to my old number which is not existing anymore.. the service just tells me that it‘s not possible to change without the other number. I can‘t believe that air bnb is so inflexible with the service.. 

have you guys had maybe any experience with this problem and know how to solute it?

thank you & best,

Daniel 

3 Replies 3
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I have read many tales of this issue, @Daniel8517, and most concede you can't change the number without the original [number active]. I hope they're wrong and you somehow succeed. Do report back if you manage to get it done. 

Aimee258
Level 1
Walkerburn, United Kingdom

We are also having this same issue. Can't change the number without going through two factor authorisation and the only options is through phone (why not email?!?!) and as we don't have the phone number anymore there is no way to change this or do anything that requires MFA. 

Aimee258
Level 1
Walkerburn, United Kingdom

Daniel were you ever able to resolve this issue? If so, how?

Many thanks