Children’s rooms

Children’s rooms

We are setting up a four bedroom two bath holiday rental on The Greek island of Rhodes. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and the same downstairs. My question is do you recommend we have one adult room with one large bed and the other with two twin beds on each floor to accommodate families? I imagine kids don’t want to share a bed and often times two families will travel together in Europe, so might it be good to have a kids room for each family?

3 Replies 3

Hi Villa-Barbara,

Having one adult room with a large bed and another with two twin beds on each floor is a great idea, especially for accommodating families. This setup caters to different needs: parents can have a comfortable large bed, while kids can have their own space without needing to share a bed, which is often preferred.

By offering a "kids' room" option for each family on each floor, you can appeal to families traveling together, which is common in Europe. It provides flexibility and privacy, making the property more attractive to a broader range of guests. Additionally, having similar setups on both floors means each family can have their own level of space and privacy, further enhancing the appeal.

A potential downside to this setup is that Airbnb doesn't have a specific bed size category dedicated to children room. This can sometimes lead to confusion if guests aren't aware of the sleeping arrangements.

To address this, it would be best to clearly indicate in the listing description that the twin beds are intended for children or anyone who prefers not to share a bed.

Providing clear details about the bed sizes and room arrangements will help set the right expectations for guests and avoid any misunderstandings. Including photos of the rooms with the twin beds will also give potential guests a visual representation of what to expect, further clarifying the setup.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Alicia, Thank you so much for Your feedback. There’s also an upstairs living room adding to the space and privacy and I guess they can always push the beds together for another couple. Thanks again! -Peter, Villa Barbara Rhodes 

Bronwyn100
Level 9
Hardys Bay, Australia

Invest in single beds that can be put together so 2 couples can stay. Best of both worlds.