Choosing bed size for new beds and sofa types

Answered!

Choosing bed size for new beds and sofa types

Hi, I am new to host and I will be fabric sofasa brand new townhouse near niagara falls (15 min drive) in 6 months.

I want to design and buiy furniture so that it becomes perfect for hosting and also for me to live when not hosting.

I have two bedrooms Master 12.2" by 15.3". another den/second bedroom is 9.2" by 12.0".

I am confused for master bedroom what kinds of bed should I get.

King or queen? whets most popular for hosting and making good money.

Looking for design considerations and furniture.

I generally don't like fabric sofas so wondering if faux leather is a good idea for sofa or not. also big sectional or separate couches multiple small for living room of 13.8" by 22.4"

Looking forward to your suggestions 🙂

thank you

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pratibha5 The bigger the better for beds. Also consider zip link beds for flexibility but it does mean a big investment in bedding.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pratibha5 The bigger the better for beds. Also consider zip link beds for flexibility but it does mean a big investment in bedding.

thank you

Jennifer1471
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

Good morning

What is a zip link bed?

Thank you

Jennifer

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello. 
I would definitely recommend King Beds for both Bedrooms. People love the King size beds. 
We have a leather couch. It is a long L shape. Everyone seems to enjoy the look and comfort. 
The leather is extremely easy to wipe off.  A lot of your guest will eat on your couch. We have no stains on the leather or faux leather couch. 

Awesome , however my second bedroom cannot have king its very small. Yes exactly I love the leather and easy cleaning of non fabric materials. just wondering what if guests or their kids ruin it , I mean even a single cut will be enough to ruin it.

Got a leather couch from leons, Holton, pebble, loving it 🙂

Congrats on your new townhouse near Niagara Falls, that's exciting! 🎉 For the master bedroom, a queen bed might be a sweet spot for space and comfort. It's versatile for hosting and still cozy when it's just you. Consider a sleek design that complements your style.
As for the living room, a big sectional can make a statement, but multiple smaller couches offer flexibility. Since you're not a fan of fabric sofas, faux leather can be a chic alternative. It's durable and easy to clean, perfect for hosting events.
For more design inspiration and furniture ideas, check out the home page of Garden Furniture ** They've got a diverse collection that might spark some creative ideas for your new space.

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that advertising is not allowed on the Community Center.

thank you 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Pratibha5, lovely to have you come back to your original post! 😁

What did you go for in the end? Pictures are very welcome!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey Rebecca, thanks. I moved in April but lost Job so could not follow through or buy anything. Now I have a job, lol and today is the final day of Leon's sales, so hopefully, I will put an order today. I already booked a leather sectional sofa, off-white from Leons. I would probably go for a king bed, struggling with the color choice between deal and non-deals. lol. Thank you so much. will keep posting pictures as I move along and get them delivered. might take weeks/few months for the whole setup. Do you mind sharing ur Airbnb links? to see your setup. 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Oh @Pratibha5, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job but so many congratulation on your new one! 🎊

I'm not actually a Host - I'm a Community Manager here on the Community Center and I'm here to ensure that the Community Center stays a safe, inclusive, constructive and respectful space for all our members. 

I also love to help members of the Community Center get the support they need to be successful. 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you @Rebecca  🙂 I finally ordered a storage king bed (EDEN) from Leon, will arrive in a few months, will update and upload a pic then. 

For your master bedroom, a king-size bed is a popular choice for hosting, offering a luxurious feel and accommodating various guest preferences. Consider a neutral color palette for bedding to appeal to a broader audience. In the living room, a mix of a faux leather sectional and separate chairs provides flexibility for hosting or personal use. Opt for durable materials, given your preference against fabric sofas. Don't forget versatile storage solutions to keep the space organized. For an extra touch, incorporate elements inspired by local attractions, like "Activities to do in Lisbon, Portugal," creating a unique and inviting ambiance. **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]