Cleaning

Answered!

Cleaning

We are fairly new to short term rentals. I have taken care of the cleaning myself so far but will have to hire out someone to help me. Do you pay them by the hour or per cabin/home?

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Heidi778 

Now that you have cleaned it yourself, you know how much time it takes. Consider paying per cleaning if the cleaner will accept it. This way, you don’t have to check how messy each guest leaves the house because you pay the same amount each time.

I use a list to track the cleaning. One column is the date, the second is the first name of the checkout guest, and the third is the amount per cleaning. This way, with the Airbnb calendar, it is very easy to track the total amount per month.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Heidi778 

Now that you have cleaned it yourself, you know how much time it takes. Consider paying per cleaning if the cleaner will accept it. This way, you don’t have to check how messy each guest leaves the house because you pay the same amount each time.

I use a list to track the cleaning. One column is the date, the second is the first name of the checkout guest, and the third is the amount per cleaning. This way, with the Airbnb calendar, it is very easy to track the total amount per month.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Heidi778 

It depends on your situation.  I have my rentals set up so no same day turn arounds.  So my cleaner knows what my standard check out time is, so she can start after that time.  I don't want to manage hours so I pay a set price and she manages her hours.  Before I agree to a price, I do discuss my expectation of hours, I budget for 3 hours cleaning of my shared areas once a week, so if the cleaner is done in 1 hour or 6 hours I look closer why?

Also  I have a very clear discussion of what I expect completed in 3 hours so we are both on the same page.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Heidi778, have you had the chance to read our Hosts suggestions? 

Which ones resonate with you the most? Let us know if you plan to implement any of these 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines