Daily Maid Service - Messy Guests

Daily Maid Service - Messy Guests

Hi All, 

First post! 

I have a villa where i have a cleaner who works 15 hours a week for me, who comes to the property daily to help me maintain the property and to keep an eye on the situation in the house.  I have a problem, i think my guests assume that they can just dump stuff around the house and to leave a sink full of washing for the maid to take care of. I find this a bit disrespectful of the space.  My maid is there to help maintain the property,  i'm not sure how to approach the issue of clients just thinking its ok to leave a mess or expect the maid to be Mary Poppins.  It takes a lot of time away for her to do the deep clean items.  I am producing a welcome pack where it will state what the maid does and doesn't do.  Any ideas how to put this into practice so people don't try to take advantage of our hospitality. 

Thanks

Martin 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

The vast majority of listings don't provide a daily maid  service 

Personally I would remove the  maid service and make it clear how the property should be left on check out @Dodo-Retreats0 

I would only send in your cleaner once a week for longer bookings for linen:towel  changes 

make sure guests know daily cleaning is down to them .

Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hello. Guests should not be disturbed while in the property. Similar to a rental agreement. Have your maid attend after they have left. It is the guest’s responsibility to clean up after themselves while there. 

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

I would write out what the maid is showing up for. But it would be better if the maid is unseen by guests and waits until the end of each guest visit to clean. Guests deserve their privacy 🙂

Maybe if the maid sees a sink full of dishes, the guest just hasn't washed them yet.

I honestly can't think of any maintenance for a maid to attend to during a guest's stay. 🙂

What is her list of duties when there is a guest ?