Decoration that changes with the seasons - is this you?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Decoration that changes with the seasons - is this you?

Spring DecorationsSpring Decorations

Hey everyone,

With each new season and festival, comes an opportunity to spice up your listing. Seasonal decorations can be a great way to set the tone for your home and give it a unique look and feel. It is also a great way to attract guests who are looking for something specific during the holiday season and family getaways.

Seasonal decor can also help to add a bit of personality to your listing. Many hosts achieve this by adding a few photos of the decor and writing a few lines in their listing description about how they offer certain features and decorations during different seasons. 

Noticeably, seasons like spring and summer and festivals like Christmas, and Halloween, offer great opportunities to spruce up your listings with unique and quirky decorations. Be it beautiful lights, photos of blooming flowers 🌺 , patio decor for summer️ or pumpkin decors 🎃, and Christmas trees🎄.

Do you make any changes to your listings as per the seasons? Do you have any theme for each season for your guest's enjoyable stay? Let us know in the comments below!

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

11 Replies 11
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We do have the benefit of my sister being an interior decorator and what she does is change the looks of the island somewhat by seasons: winter is more landscapes with emphasis on the sea & sky (longer nights), summer is sunnier/passive sea creatures (starfish, turtles, etc) and Spring/Fall fish, porpoises/fish. We borrow all from our town gift shop. The changes however most dramatic come from the additions and amenities we add every year each Fall. This year it will be a separate island where guest could walk to it over white sand for those wanting to get away from others from their party.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Fred13, this is super cool! It's great to hear that you have such a creative family member to help you design unique themes for each season. I am sure, this keeps your listing fresh and exciting as each season passes by. Do share some pictures with us whenever possible!  I am sure, Bird Island would look really amazing with all these decorations.

What other amenities have you typically added each fall till now? The idea of a separate island where guests could walk over white sand sounds fantastic!

-----

Each year we add something special to cause past guests to come back, if anything to  just to see the changes (or to bring others or their kids). The past three years we added a gazebo, observatory and bar area over water, beach, fish pond, etc. I swear, a  too vivid of an imagination is a gift and a curse. 🤔

@Fred13 Why on earth do you need a fish pond? Surely the whole island is in a fish pond.

Oh just for show, but stops the lobsters from taking off. 🙂

What a great idea.  I had compliments on my Christmas decor, but had not considered decorating for other seasons.  Thanks for the idea.  CB

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Bhumika 

I mix it up with the artwork in the studio when the mood takes me (the paintings were all are done by me).

Throughout the year I have a green Poinsettia, dwarf palm or snake plant in the studio.

For the Christmas Season,  I decorate the front door with my own artistic creations but I keep it minimal inside the space, in case guest don't celebrate the season like we do.  Usually, a lovely Poinsettia in red, yellow, white, pink or a hybrid).

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Flavia202 , I love how you mention having indoor plants for your studio and mixing it up with your own artwork. I would love to see more of it, whenever you can share some pictures with us.

We had bought a poinsettia last Christmas, and it has turned all green now. We love the presence of it, as it adds freshness to our condo and we are likely to add more plants including a snake plant this summer. 

Last Christmas, I was able to witness some really beautiful decor, as families enjoy decorating it with colorful lights. What an absolute delight😍.

-----

Benita-N0
Level 2
Brenham, TX

I change up a few decor items every holiday such as wreaths, table runners, placemats, dish towels and artificial flowers. At Christmas, I put up a tree inside and outside and add lights on the house. Guests love it and mention it in their review. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Benita-N0 , 

That sounds wonderful! Creating a festive atmosphere can surely add a special touch to the listing.

Is there any specific decor that they usually mention in their reviews that they totally love or that has been guests' favourite till date?

-----

The Christmas tree and decor is their favorite 🎄