-what type of easy wash wrinkle free sheets you prefer

-small individual hand soaps

-basics of kitchen/cook/bake ware essentials

Thanks so much!

Carmen 

26 Replies 26

@Carmen2329 

Godo question!

We use a large pump container of hand soap, as well as for bath and shower needs. It is considered wasteful here in California to use individual items, and there is an ordinance about packaging. I do have small hand soaps made by a local artisan which guests can take home as a gift. 

We use bamboo sheets, they are so comfortable and guests love them. 

In the shared kitchen we have the induction ready cookware, which also functions excellently on our gas stove. Our tools are stainless, and also high heat silicone. Our kitchen linens are functional as well as beautiful. Our selection of chopsticks are beautiful as well as functional, and our knives are hand forged Damascus Steel. It is well worth the investment to have lifetime quality kitchen tools, and our guests are thrilled to use them with respect and appreciation for the quality and traditional craftsmanship that created them. 

HI @Kitty-and-Creek0 ,

Thanks so much for these insights! I appreciate the detail in what you offer and love the bamboo sheets as well as the individual soaps!

Best,

Carmen

@Carmen2329 

I thought to mention that I buy bathroom amenities, soaps, linens, etc that are comfortable to my own sensitive skin and fragrance free. That way most everyone will be comfortable using them and breathing the air. 

Afternoon,

Most of my sheets are Serta. 

I have hand, body and hair dispensers that I prefer soft soap and dove.

I use a basic array of non-stick kitchen ware that I will replace when needed. Since we take such good care of everything, I have not had to replace anything yet. However, we only opened in June.

Cathy

Thanks so much Cathy! I'm new also! Good luck!

C

- Costco sheets, lots of extras on hand 

- Lots of towel sets (Costco is great at that as well)

- Mattress Protector under the sheets

- Cotton Duvet Covers and Pillow covers (I like greys and I wash them hot)

- Pump based hand soap and hand sanitizer, 

- Microwave, electric kettle, we don't have a kitchen due to local regulations

Appreciate the response and list. Thank you Peter!

Good luck.

C

I usually try to buy the highest thread count sheets when the are on sale or at discount stores. As, far a soap, I used large pump bottles in the shower and refillable glass dispensers on the sink. I have one full set on nonstick cookware. I have had one baking pan destroyed [I think that they used it on the stove top or something weird).

Thanks Diane-good luck in your BNB!

C

Karen3592
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Hi Carmen, I like ECO amenities, face and body bar. I get it from Amazon. It is and a biodegradable packaging yet is .5 ounce size. I put one in the shower and one on the bathroom sink.  I also put Neutrogena rainbath shower gel in the shower and a pump of liquid soap at the bathroom sink. I use a professional shampoo and conditioner I get from the beauty supply store called Malibu scalp wellness. It is vegan and gluten-free. A lot of my guests like having the choice.

I buy my sheets at Costco, they are hotel quality. I’ve decided using white sheets and pillow cases is better than colored because of fading after so many washings. I have three sets of all bed linens, including mattress covers, blankets, and bedspread.

I hope this information is helpful.

happy hosting! Karen

Thank you Karen! This level of detail is insightful and I'm glad you have such great choices for your guests!

C

Francesca1963
Level 2
New York, NY

I get cotton white sheets with a high thread count from homesense or homegoods. It good to have lots of extras on hand for the cleaning crew. 

I bought pump dispense bottles for shampoo, conditioner and bodywash that I refill

I also have white towels that on the one had are good bc you see when they are not clean on the other hand I have to throw some of them away when you cannot get stains out such as self tanning lotion.

Cookware is usually some medium grade nonstick pots and pans that I source from outlets. 

I bought cuisinart pots and pans, mainly bc they wash up really nice, rather than wear out like cheaper pans seem to. Home Goods Carrie’s them at very discounted prices. I buy high quality bath towels and hand towels (white) and black facial cloths that are black. I am always looking for them to replace ones that wear out, so I always have a stack of each size on hand. The higher quality towels wash up well, don’t stain as easily and the black cloths stand up to make-up removal. I also provide towels for the floor, in my case gray,  and encourage my guests to dry down the shower after use. It keeps the shower cleaner, and easier to keep clean. Done it at home forever. Sheets that don’t wrinkle…would be nice, haven’t found them, yet…thanks for the suggestions in this thread. Shampoo, gel and conditioner, I refill bottles. Same with hand soap for kitchen and bath. 

Thanks so much! I'm curious how the towel/shower thing works?

Good luck!!!

C