Difficulty to contact AIRBNB

Maggie44
Level 1
Canterbury, GB

Difficulty to contact AIRBNB

I am a real fan of airbnb as a guest and as a host of two properties but I have found it very difficult to contact airbnb with questions that are not listed on the help centre website.  The worst situation was being given a $100 voucher to use with bookings, earned as a superhost for four quarters in a row.  The phone number to call to claim this,  (+)442038084116 was unobtainable.

It was impossible to get a real person from airbnb via the help centre, so a year went by and I lost what was a 'gift'??  Why has there not been a useable phone number in the UK before.  I have now found a number in the UK 02033 181111 but have no idea how much it costs to ring since it links up with the USA.  

As hosts it would seem to be important to be able to contact an airbnb person with queries by phone and email easily and quickly.  My voucher expired this April 8th unclaimed.  Everything else is run smoothly and efficiently and I have really enjoyed being both guest and host but ease of contact with airbnb personnel seems to be impossible and possibly expensive.  

Please airbnb sort this out, you're so good at everything else.

Thank you,

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Maggie44

Personally we found it very easy to use the $100 credit. We booked for Lisbon and on the final page it allows you to enter the voucher number and $100 was deducted from the amount we needed to pay. Why did you need to phone AirBnB to use the credit - just out of interest?

I was trying to contact airbnb to find out how to use the voucher, I didn't know you could book and add it to the booking.  In the email giving the voucher it gave a phone number to ring, which didn't exist. C'est la vie!!

Thanks for your contact.

The support of airbnb team is awesome. **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]