Disposable plates, cups and cutlery

Disposable plates, cups and cutlery

Hello! I am about to list my very first Airbnb property and I have a question I would very much appreciate your opinion on. 

So, the property is a studio with no kitchen area at all. It consists of a bedroom with double bed, a hallway and a bathroom. There is a floating table mounted to the wall in the bedroom with bar stools, coffee machine, a kettle and a mini fridge. Since there is no sink in the room, I was wondering if it is appropriate to put single use paper cups, plates and wooden cutlery for my guests to use? 

If I put regular cups and plates, the guests will have to wash them in the bathroom sink, there is no place to put them to dry, etc. 

Can you please advise me if it is okay to only provide disposable ones? Some mixed opinions have been shared by people I have asked for advice and I'm unsure on how to proceed. 

Thank you! 

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kalin78 

I would start with your idea of disposables, which sounds practical. If it doesn't work well, you can always buy permanent ones later.

No, "Vacation rentals" are suppose to represent a higher standard of living over a motel yet more economical for longer stays.  The accessories matter and requires some investment initially to provide linens, kitenware doesn't necessary have to be brand new, but not worn or mismatched, although linens should be new and their not expensive.  You can upgrade after that a little at a time.  

Hi, @Darlene276 ! Thank you for your answer. It is not about the expense, really. It's just that there is no kitchen and place for guests to wash the used cutlery and plates. By providing regular ones, they will have to wash them in the bathroom sink, which to me seems more uncomfortable than using disposable ones I guess. The linens, of course, are brand new.

Thank you, @Shelley159 ! 😊

I agree with Shelley. Practicality rules in this situation. I would suggest "high quality" disposable items.

Best of luck!

Julie

Julie S. Jenkins

@Julie5882 Thank you, Julie!