Disposable plates, cups and cutlery

Disposable plates, cups and cutlery

Hello! I am about to list my very first Airbnb property and I have a question I would very much appreciate your opinion on. 

So, the property is a studio with no kitchen area at all. It consists of a bedroom with double bed, a hallway and a bathroom. There is a floating table mounted to the wall in the bedroom with bar stools, coffee machine, a kettle and a mini fridge. Since there is no sink in the room, I was wondering if it is appropriate to put single use paper cups, plates and wooden cutlery for my guests to use? 

If I put regular cups and plates, the guests will have to wash them in the bathroom sink, there is no place to put them to dry, etc. 

Can you please advise me if it is okay to only provide disposable ones? Some mixed opinions have been shared by people I have asked for advice and I'm unsure on how to proceed. 

Thank you! 

15 Replies 15

@John6614 , same here. No kitchen but I do provide disposable paper plates, & and utensils. Only sink is in the bathroom. I do provide real coffee mugs as well as paper cups. Not very many of our guest eat in but those that do, (food delivery, pizza or breakfast roll..etc…) appreciate the disposable plates and utensils. 

@Kalin78 , I have the same setup and what ever works for your listing and your guest(s)  is probably the best route to go. I have yet to be dinged on not providing real tableware. 

Best—