Do you change between quilts and comforters with the seasons?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you change between quilts and comforters with the seasons?

906838669539928684-6 (1) (1).jpg

Hello everyone! 😊

I would like to open this new post with a quote from Henry Beston, a writer and naturalist

“The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from summer cotton into its winter woods.”

Since we’re talking about new seasons and changes, have you ever thought about switching between quilts and comforters as the seasons change?

I think it’s a simple way to enhance comfort and create a cozy atmosphere. 

• Lightweight quilts are fantastic for warmer months, keeping things breezy while adding a bit of charm to your space. 
  • When the temperatures drop, a plush comforter makes all the difference, wrapping your guests in warmth. 

I am wondering if you switch your bedding with the seasons or if you prefer to stick with one option year-round. Have you ever had guests who shared feedback about comforters and bedding?

I look forward to reading your thoughts! 

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
47 Replies 47
Melinda188
Level 1
Marblehead, MA

Elisa,

I switch between bedding.  I use a fall and halloween style bedding during that time of the year, and a beachy bedding in the spring/summer months.

-Melinda

Hi @Melinda188 😊

I’ve never heard of fall and Halloween style bedding. Could you explain it to me in more detail?
It seems very sophisticated! 😍

Warm regards‌🌻‌,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Of course @Elisa ,

so here in New England the weather is unpredictable in fall so I get a light comforter and I switch it up with a Halloween decorated quilt for my guests coming during Halloween season , as I am right next to Salem the witch city.  Anyway, guests love it.  In the spring and summer I provide a more beachy style quilt.  
😊

Oh I forgot to mention that I provide different blankets as well and give them the option if they would like a heated blanket.  That’s been a hit too!

We provide options with different blankets and extra ones available in the closet and dresser. We have all four seasons, but we have heat and AC as well so we try to make it comfortable all year round. 

Hi @Meredith279 😊

Thank you for sharing the options you provide to your guests!

Have you received any complaints about your blankets that didn’t reflect reality?

Warm regards‌🌻‌,

-----

Marilynn15
Level 2
San Carlos, CA

We do. In the warm season, we have a lightweight, quilted bedspread, with three different light blankets as an option for added warmth in the closet. In the colder season, we add a down comforter that’s placed on top of the sheet and under the spread. 
We live in N. California, 25 miles south of San Francisco.

Hi @Marilynn15 😊

This is marvelous. you have all the options for your guests!

Did your guests ever share feedback about your comforters and bedding?

Warm regards ‌🌻

-----

No one has mentioned the bedding, so I can’t verify whether my system is received well! No one has ever complained!

KImberli0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

We are located in Chicago so the seasons changes within days from . We keep a stack of quilts and blankets in the unit closet. The challenge is that we had a guest who brought more guests than reserved last weekend. The guest rummaged through the linen and blankets where our cleaner was at the location washing linens for hours. She didn't charge extra. We will likely increase pricing to send out linens for pick up and delivery. 

Hi @KImberli0 😊,

I know Chicago very well, and it's true, the weather changes so quickly!

The situation is really surprising. How did you manage the extra guests?

Did you have enough space for them?

Warm regards ‌🌻,

-----

I offer quilts and blankets all year.  I have backups (in cleaner closet) so we can switch out for cleaning them.  I have found guess will use the extra quilts and blankets that we leave for them all year. For example we will have a blanket on the bed or quilt in close (or vise versa)  We provide them to give them more options to enhance their stay. 

Hi @Luxury-Stays-For-Business-Travelers0  😊

Thank you for sharing your approach here!

You think of everything, that's amazing! Do your guests notice all the attention to detail you put in?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Yes, absolutely. We have placed an extra quilt and comforter and pillows as NY weather has been up and down.

All the Best,

Faz and Shan 

Hi @Mohamed-Fazal-Abid0 😊

I love New York, but you’re right, the weather isn’t stable anymore.

What kind of comforters are you using for your guests?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----