Do you have an inventory of the supplies for your accommodation?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you have an inventory of the supplies for your accommodation?

Inventory.jpeg

Hello everyone 😊

Successfully managing an Airbnb certainly requires a lot of preparation. One of the challenges Hosts often face is managing the physical inventory of the property—such as tracking the number of utensils, sheets, towels, tables, and more.

Keeping a detailed inventory helps ensure that all items are in their proper place, simplifies the check-in and check-out process, and makes cleaning more efficient by clearly knowing what the property has and what it might be missing.

Do you keep an inventory for your property? Which items are most frequently missing when you check your inventory?

I look forward to reading your comments!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paula We never kept an inventory - Far too much trouble to check it after each guest and not worth it given the very low level of things going missing/getting broken.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0,  As always, it’s wonderful to read about your experience. It’s great to know that you didn’t have many things missing from your listing.

Was this the case from the beginning?

Thanks for sharing!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

We have an inventory I created for myself to know what I have, but the cleaners don’t check what’s missing after the guests leave. We had one guest that took many of the items and I didn’t know what to do. I had to replace them. I’m new hosting my place. Any suggestions on how to  create an easy to check inventory and how to check after the guest leave and also if there’s a way to charge the guest if they take things with them?

Thanks 

Martha

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Martha1209, Welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center!

How has your hosting journey been so far? Have you had any interesting guest stories?

I’m sharing a guide created for a Host in the Spanish Community Center on: [GUIDE] How to Create Your Accommodation Inventory. I thought you might find it useful and could consider translating it if needed.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

-----

Hello Everyone,

I am a pretty new host. So I nedd to learn a lot. So I never thought about an inventory. I’ll surely do that very soon. 
thank you for the advise. Very helpful indeed. 
Natalia

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Natalina15, It’s great to see you’ve found our community at the beginning of your hosting journey.

I suggest starting by exploring our 👉guides section, where many Hosts have created very useful step-by-step guides that can offer valuable insights.

I hope this helps 🙏

-----

Muna74
Level 2
Chilliwack, Canada

I would be interested if Airbnb could provide us with an inventory checklist. Thank you for your support

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Muna74, thank you for participating in this thread.

I’d like to share 👉a comment here where one of our experienced Hosts discusses their best practices for keeping track of their property inventory.

I hope you find it useful 😊

-----

Mary6592
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Yes, I keep enough tp, paper towels, condiments and coffee for their stay. I typically have guests leave stuff not take stuff. The cheaper the air bnb is to stay at the lower quality of guests. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you for sharing, @Mary6592!

Do you always check the supplies after a guest checks out to ensure the next guest has everything they need?

Thanks again for sharing your experience 😊

-----