Do you have any decor tips for special holidays?

Johanna652
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Do you have any decor tips for special holidays?

Hello, I'm Johanna. Looking for special holiday tips by month or holiday. Any ideas for November,  December and Februrary? I would like to keep it general. 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

16 Replies 16
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Johanna652 I would suggest just using seasonal themes for months because many people don’t, or may not, celebrate holidays. So an example for Nov, Dec & Feb could be a winter theme—snow, icicles, etc. 

Hi Gwen, thank you for suggesting this. I want to keep it general and a winter theme seems suitable for all guests. 

Roberto2387
Level 3
Molfetta, Italy

Hello Johanna,

Certainly! Here are some general holiday tips for November, December, and February:

**November:**
- **Thanksgiving Getaway:** Consider a cozy cabin or cottage in a picturesque location for a Thanksgiving retreat. You can enjoy beautiful fall foliage, warm fires, and, if you prefer, a stress-free holiday meal at a local restaurant.
- **Off-Peak Travel:** November is often less crowded and more budget-friendly compared to the summer months, making it a great time for exploring popular destinations with fewer crowds.

**December:**
- **Winter Wonderland:** Embrace the holiday spirit by visiting destinations known for their winter charm, such as European Christmas markets or a snowy mountain getaway. Ski resorts and cities like Vienna or Prague offer a magical atmosphere.
- **Celebrate Local Traditions:** Explore local holiday traditions and festivities. Attend parades, light displays, and holiday markets to experience the unique celebrations of your chosen destination.

**February:**
- **Romantic Getaway:** With Valentine's Day in mind, plan a romantic escape to a picturesque location, such as a beachfront villa, a cozy chalet, or a historic city with a romantic ambiance.
- **Winter Sports:** If you're an outdoor enthusiast, consider destinations with winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, or ice skating. Destinations in the Alps or even the Canadian Rockies can be exhilarating.

Remember to check the weather and specific events at your chosen destination to make the most of your holiday. Whether you're seeking relaxation, adventure, or cultural experiences, these months offer a variety of options for memorable getaways.

Roberto
Phil-and-Lacy0
Level 5
Key Largo, FL

Hi @Johanna652 . Hope you are great! For the fall I introduced wonderful soft cozy throws and seasonal pillows onto the beds and sofas. 

We also hung a fall wreath on the door with pumpkins and gourds. On the dining table we have beautiful simple pumpkin centerpieces. Nothing big or fancy. Very simple, soft, and cozy. 

For December we will switch those items out for messages like “peace”, “believe”, and “family”. We try not to do anything specific, however theme all decorations so they match throughout the homes. 

for February we do red and pink accents in the kitchen, mainly using red mugs, red mits, and kitchen towels. 

really simple 

Karen3589
Level 2
Valdosta, GA

@Johanna652 Good afternoon! I understand it’s lovely to bring the holidays into the home for your guests. I would just simply put a wreath on the front door, perhaps a Christmas mat outside, I always decorate the dining room table, a little and put some Christmas throws and Christmas pillows in the living room and on the beds. I also put up a Christmas tree in the third living room for the children with a stuffed animals to play with. Good luck! 

Kim3668
Level 2
Newland, NC

3A5DAC60-E3DA-45C2-A086-F100A38268E6.jpeg

@Johanna652 I do like to decorate for the seasons. This is one picture of what I did for the front of our Airbnb cabin on the porch. I do some small things on the inside as well. I also will be decorating for Christmas and for Valentine’s Day. Through the summer months I always change out the pillars on the porch and make a wreath according to the time of year.
I am able to reuse these for several years, so it keeps the cost down

That is so beautiful! It looks very cozy and welcoming. Thank you for sharing. 

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Looks so fresh and festive ! I adore incorporating the aquas... 🙂

Kelly-L1
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

I have picked up some holiday towels that hang, the kind that you get from craft shows and I switch it out for each holiday. Additionally, I change the pillow covers for the decorator pillows only. I also have a wooden seasonal set that says LOVE, but the "O" switches to seasonal blocks like a shamrock, a heart, a snowflake, a turkey, etc. And I put them on a shelf. That's about all. Simple but fun. 

สวัสดีค่ะ

Michele1682
Level 2
Jensen Beach, FL

@Johanna652 I like to put 1 holiday pillow on the bed that has that holiday theme and perhaps a throw,  especially in the colder months,  although we live in Florida,  we try to bring in some holiday cheer around the house 

@Johanna652 November:
- Use warm fall colors like orange, yellow, and brown
- Incorporate leaves, pumpkins, and gourds into your decor
- Place candles or lanterns around the room to create a cozy atmosphere
- Hang a wreath on the door or a fall-themed banner in the entryway
- Display a cornucopia centerpiece on the dining table

December:
- Use traditional colors like red, green, and gold
- Hang a wreath on the door or decorate the porch with lights
- Use white lights to decorate the Christmas tree and add ornaments in your chosen color scheme
- Display Christmas stockings on the mantel and use garland to decorate the fireplace
- Place a nativity scene or other holiday figurines on a table or shelf

February:
- Use pink, red, and white in your decorations
- Create a Valentine's Day-themed centerpiece using flowers, candles, and hearts
- Hang heart-shaped decorations or a Valentine's Day banner
- Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to make heart-shaped treats and display them on a tray
- Write love notes or sweet messages on paper hearts and hang them from the ceiling or on the walls.

I always get inspired by Pinterest and then visit the dollar 25 tree and see what decorations they have.