Do you offer leisure equipment?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you offer leisure equipment?

Quincy_0-1657209113312.jpeg

Hello everyone, 

Many Hosts live in different locations, for example, some Hosts live near a beach, near a lake, or perhaps a more urban environment. 

I have seen that some Hosts on the CC offer outdoor equipment such as bicycles, canoes, and various other pieces of outdoor equipment (looking at you @Debra300 👀)

Some pieces of equipment could potentially enhance the stay for a guest, should they want to make use of outdoor equipment or discover a previously unknown affinity for white water rafting!

Do you rent out any outdoor or sports equipment, and how do you manage this? 

I look forward to reading your comments 🙂

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

20 Replies 20

Is that a brown (or a rainbow?) Lovely freestone creek, brings back many, many memories.

We offer kayaks with supporting gear, mountain bikes with helmets and tire repair kits, snow shoes, snorkeling gear, an archery range, and even ax and spear throwing range. So far no issues at all. We inform guests to use them, if something if accidentally broken or lost please inform us right away. We have had no issues so far. An arrow lost in the brushes and a spear head broken, both reported within an hour of happening. Both werereplaced and repaired within 24 hours. Part of doing business. Renters are very respectfull.

Todd501
Level 1
Maryville, MO

Hello all... a new Host in Cape Coral FL... I have tried to read the Host Insurance Coverage they provide us for free but cannot find an actual policy... does our Host $1mill Liability extend to kayaks and canoes that we would privide on public waterways?  Thansk everyone!

@Todd501 From memory Aircover is limited to the property itself so anyone taking a kayak off property would not be covered.

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

I have a couple of listings in florida...do you think I should be adding beach chairs and umbrellas to the apartments??

I don't want to add beach towels since guests stole them in the past or returned them in horrible conditions. 

Mike from West Palm
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Quincy 

I do not offer any outdoor equipment.

1- On the beach the guests can rent beach chair and beach umbrella for a unexpensive price. It is more practical for the guest to get it on the beach instead of carrying it to and fro.

2- Not the majority, but some guests loves biking. I recommend a place to rent a bike. More over, there are bike points to rent all around the city. It is more practical to me not to have to do maintenance. Moreover, I do not take the risk of being liable in case of some incident.

3- There are some stand up paddle board and surf board rental points on the beach, with instructors to help the customer as an option.

4- If I offered such things, I would have to include it in the rental price of the property. Not a good idea to charge for things that some guest may not use it. It is better to leave the option of those spends up to the guests.