Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

TV Airbnb.jpeg

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Across the community, we see Hosts with a variety of listings, each offering a unique style and experience for their guests. This variety often influences the amenities provided.

A TV can be essential depending on the space you offer and the type of guests you host. Another important factor is whether you provide short or long stays. Do you offer a TV in the lounge? If not, do you provide one in another area of the house, or do you prefer not to have a TV at all? ๐Ÿ“บ

Share your experiences in the comments and let us know why you decided to offer or not offer a TV in your accommodation.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

49 Replies 49
Mirko232
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I'm not sure how much and what I'm getting by investing in a TV . For my layout, I would need a TV of at least 65", and a quality TV, which will not break after 2 years of use (planned obsolescence), costs at least โ‚ฌ850-1200. I published a listing recently and so far I have a booking rate of 3.4% (the average is between 0.3% and 3%) which is not bad. So, even without TV, I get reservations and inquiries. Would getting a TV allow me to raise the price by some significant percentage (and by that I don't mean something like 5%)? Would getting a TV increase the booking rate? How would a TV be something that would make me stand out in a sea of other accommodations that have TV? What is the quality of the clientele looking for TV compared to those who don't care about TV?

I don't see how investing in a TV will pay off.

Adriana-Aparecida2
Level 2
Londrina, Brazil

Eu ofereรงo uma smart TV na sala de estar. Teve um hรณspede que nรฃo quis ficar na minha suรญte porque nรฃo tinha TV. Mas mesmo assim tenho alugado regularmente. A maioria assiste filmes/ sรฉries no Notebook deles . Todos pegam a senha do wi-fi. Por enquanto nรฃo tenho recursos para comprar uma TV para o quarto.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Olรก @Adriana-Aparecida2,

Muito obrigada por compartilhar sua experiรชncia. Vocรช sabe se seus hรณspedes utilizam a TV com regularidade?

---

Hello Adriana, 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Do you know if your guests use the TV frequently?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

David10981
Level 3
Halifax, United Kingdom

Hi, yes I do. The way I see it is if a guest wants to watch TV they should be able to. I want to attract guests not give them a reason not to book! I also provide WiFi, it drives the TV, People often have an interest in a specific program or the News/weather, guests can log into their own accounts if they want to. To not provide these items will reduce bookings.

Regards Dave

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David10981, thank you so much for sharing your experience. This is indeed a great strategy! โญ

-----