Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
14 Replies 14
Jill914
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

@Elisa 

I provide bike on premises and a map to the bike trail

i would not consider exercise equipment for  for short term stays.

Also  people have strong prefereces about equipment --  treadmill, bike, weiht>

If you are in an urban area and have long term guest  it is helpful to see if there is a Planet Fitness or health club near by.  I find exercise fanatics like that 

Hi @Jill914 

Thank you for sharing this! 😊

How many bikes do you have?

Why do you think exercise equipment is not suitable for short-term stays?

It’s a nice tip to help guests find a fitness club nearby during long-term stays...

Warm regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Jeff2866
Level 1
Independence, KY

I do not. I’m an insurance adjuster who handles liability claims daily, and I can’t think of to many bigger risks than gym equipment on your property. 

Hi @Jeff2866 😊

I understand, it can be risky.

Did you have any major damage to your property?

Warm regards,

-----

Our community provides a very nice fitness center with weights and cardio machines. In the home itself, I provide sports equipment for the on-site tennis courts, pickleball courts and basketball courts. 

IMG_8450.jpeg

Hi @Jessica3952 😊

It’s very interesting! It’s amazing to have such a well-equipped community. 😍

Do your guests need to pay extra to use the gym?

Warm regards,

-----

No, all amenities are included in their booking. I include the amenities fee into my pricing so it’s all-inclusive.  It's really nice for guests! 

@Jessica3952 This is very smart. 😁

Did you have any guests who wanted a discount instead of using the amenities?

-----

No, I think a lot of the appeal to why people rent in this community is for all of the amenities and not having to leave to do anything. Some hosts charge extra for it, but I don’t. I’ve thought about providing bikes, but shied away because of the liability…

Hi Elisa,

I haven’t need the to think this as my apartment complex has gym in a separate floor. But maybe just yoga mat is okay; I personally think about ways to minimise any damages.

Hi @Jenifer102 😊

You’re right. As @Jeff2866  mentioned, it’s important to consider the risks we might encounter at our property.

I think yoga is a great way to offer an additional service to guests without causing significant damage. 😍

Do you have enough space for yoga lessons?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Hi Elisa, I’m pretty new so I’m experimenting with how the season is going. But I may incorporate in the near future. My space is not huge; 1 bedroom apartment; space is limited but it still can be managed. 🙂

Jennifer4572
Level 2
State College, PA

@Elisa I provide a yoga mat, small dumb bells (2-3#) and ankle weights as well as a yoga block!

Karen4353
Level 2
Adel, IA

We do not as we're located in the mountains.  Hiking mountain trails is exercise enough, in my humble opinion.  Hiking also gives people a chance to get away from their regular exercise schedule without feeling guilty.