Does Airbnb help the owners to find the cleaners??

Answered!
David-And-Yuko0
Level 2
Ashton-Sandy Spring, MD

Having a huge problem to keep the good cleaners to do the turn over on weekends......

If anyone knows how to get help in the area of Maine, please let me know, thank you

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @David-And-Yuko0 

Airbnb is a marketing channel for your STR business.

The best way to find cleaners is to post on local area groups for your location/post on local STR groups and ask for recommendations.

If you're having difficulty keeping good cleaners at weekends, you may need to increase what you pay.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David-And-Yuko0 you need to see if there is an Airbnb Facebook group local to your listing.

Thanks for the note, there is one in Portland Maine, but our vacation place is in Boothbay Harbor, and not many cleaners want to drive to our area....

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @David-And-Yuko0 

Airbnb is a marketing channel for your STR business.

The best way to find cleaners is to post on local area groups for your location/post on local STR groups and ask for recommendations.

If you're having difficulty keeping good cleaners at weekends, you may need to increase what you pay.

Thank you for your note.

Actually, I have posted the local sites... we pay around $70 per hour for a small rental place to keep the cleaners, but Boothbay Harbor is a very popular vacation area, and not able to find the good cleaners who can work on the weekends as most of them are hired by certain rental agencies, so I heard.... perhaps, I will post it again with higher wage..

I really appreciate your tips

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

In my area the quotes for one time cleaning are insane. Agencies wanted $600 to clean my four bedroom which is an insane amount. Can you imagine if I put down a $600 cleaning fee in my listing? Maybe you can find a local teenager who would want the job. You might need to pay them a regular salary if they come out or not. if you do not have a turn over, maybe they can do deep clean for you that day