Does a full size bed counts as for two people?

Answered!
Patricia844
Level 2
Culver City, CA

Does a full size bed counts as for two people?

I'm in the process of buying furniture to beginning renting through Airbnb. Does a full-size bed counts as for two people?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

@Patricia844, a full size bed is generally considered a one person bed, as dividing a full size bed in half only gives a person 27 inches of space.

A queen bed is the smallest of the proper two person beds.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

@Patricia844, a full size bed is generally considered a one person bed, as dividing a full size bed in half only gives a person 27 inches of space.

A queen bed is the smallest of the proper two person beds.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Not quite like that, @Matthew285 and @Patricia844:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4, I'm not sure what you are pointing out that is different from what I said.

I said that dividing a Full Sized bed in half gives a person 27 inches of space (because a Full Size bed in the USA is 54 inches wide).

The Wikipedia link you provided shows that in the USA a "Double of Full" bed is "54 in × 75 in",

which is exactly what i said.

How is that "not quite like that"?

I mean that the bed of that size is called "Double or Full," so as you can see it is a double bed, is that correct? And many budget hotels use bunks with such beds at the bottom, a smaller one up, and the whole is a 3-person unit, @Matthew285.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4, yes I understand a Full sized bed is often called a Double.

Yes, some hotels sell rooms with Full Size beds are being appropriate for two people.

I don't book those rooms.

I don't consider a 54 inch wide bed suitable for two people.

It is a matter of opinion, I suppose.

If a Host wants to offer a bed that allows only 27 inches of width for an adult to sleep on, that is their choice to make.

But I would worry about the ratings that Host will get.

If the Host is confident that all the guests will love squeezing two adults into a 54 inch wide bed, then go right ahead.

To me it seems to be not worth the cost savings and the risk of bad ratings.

And if the problem is one of space, I would opt for a slightly smaller desk than a slightly smaller bed.

Thanks Matthew for the insighful advice.

Angela3989
Level 4
Milwaukee, WI

@Patricia844 Hello! A simple Google search we will show you that a full/double bed is acceptable for 2. You can count that as sleeping 2 in your listing. What someone's personal preference is, is kind of irrelevant. I prefer a queen when alone and a king if with my partner! Does that mean anything? Not really! Feel perfectly fine counting your full size bed as sleeping 2. People will look for the specifics when it's important to them. Some will care and not book and others will be just fine with it. You should see what people in various countries sleep in. The large beds some of us are used to are really a First World perk and not the standard worldwide. The full size bed is considered the standard in a lot of places where the homes themselves are routinely smaller. Best of luck!