Edited Description to My Listing

Lisa990
Level 4
Omaha, NE

Edited Description to My Listing

I recently went through the appeal process to keep my listing on AirBnB. From this experience I have learned many things. I am going to be making improvements gradually but in the meantime would like to set up what AirBnB calls “realistic expectations”. One of the things I changed, was the description of my place where I explain the limits of my TV and other things. I have also edited my departure checklist. Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome. 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa990 Sorry but I wouldn't stay. I get doing the washing up but vacuuming and sweeping/dusting is going too far. Also I am not going to clear the snow so will probably drive on it and turn it to ice.

I would seriously consider raising the nightly rate by 5 bucks and removing some these rules.

Next I would seriously consider using Facebook marketplace and finding a cheap smart TV so people can use their own streaming services.

Finally do you need the legalistic renting agreement? Is this normal your area/country?

And really finally - Perhaps cut down the guest count to 2 peopled get rid/don't use the complicated pullout couches etc.

You can’t please everyone. My site clearly states that it is not suitable for elderly guests or those with mobility problems but still they book and then whinge and Airbnb don’t take down their comments. 
Guests do not clean. That is why you charge a cleaning fee. At best you can ask them to take their rubbish out.

Definitely get a smart tv. I hope you have Wi-Fi. 
Guests do not sign “rental agreements “ as they are not renting. Make sure you have a nice welcome gift for them rather than a set of rules. 🤗

Thanks for the tips. I did find a $50 smart tv on Facebook marketplace and edited out my legal sounding jargon. I will discuss the departure checklist with my housekeeper. I am planning on getting a queen futon sleeper for the 2nd bedroom. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Lisa990 there is a chance you could lose guests and have to give refunds for the home , not being as listed. You simply do not have two beds. So remove one from the listing and add pull out sofa. Three guests is your limit.You only have three chairs at the dining table. People like to book for four , but they expect two separate bedrooms generally .. H

Thank you. I will get a picture of 4 chairs at the table!  Regarding the number of beds, I changed the listing for better accuracy. However, I may just get a queen futon sofa to replace the outdated love seat sofa bed. Hopefully an upgrade won’t be viewed as a misrepresenting my listing, so I will check with guests.