Electric strike and remote access

Answered!
Kara522
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

Electric strike and remote access

I know about the smart lock offerings, but our house has beautiful Rocky Mountain Hardware locksets and I really don't want to replace with Schlage or Yale or other plug and play offerings. I have looked into electric strikes (wired to the doorframe), and am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution like this that works.

1 Best Answer
Kathy33
Level 8
Seattle, WA

@Kara522  we use the good old fashioned way. We have a mailbox next to the door and leave key in mailbox. So there’s no changing code etc. it’s worked for six years now. Most of our guests are one nighters . And as for electric strike I have installed many of them in offices. And you would need to cut part of your door jamb to install it. Also need to feed wire behind jamb etc.. Good luck and HAPPY HOSTING 😃

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Kathy33
Level 8
Seattle, WA

@Kara522  we use the good old fashioned way. We have a mailbox next to the door and leave key in mailbox. So there’s no changing code etc. it’s worked for six years now. Most of our guests are one nighters . And as for electric strike I have installed many of them in offices. And you would need to cut part of your door jamb to install it. Also need to feed wire behind jamb etc.. Good luck and HAPPY HOSTING 😃