Extra Spa Charge

Renee687
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Extra Spa Charge

I need to add an extra charge to my listing which already has a booking. I need to add that it’s $50 dollars per spa use as we just realised how pricey it is to run on gas.

Where would you put this in the listing and how do you charge them for it? From experience, would it be just the honesty system on how many times a guest has used your spa? 

Thanks,

Renee 

4 Replies 4
Bronwyn100
Level 9
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi Renee

Must be costing you a fortune having to empty it after every guest. The water from the guest before stays in the pipe and washes into the tub when you turn it back on. Especially since Airbnb still has covid cleaning rules. I’d be checking that Airbnb’s insurance covers spa infections. Sorry to be a downer. 

Renee687
Level 1

Hey Bronwyn, thanks for the heads up. We’re all good on that department as it’s a chlorine spa attached to our pool so it filters itself. ☺️

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You obviously can't charge existing guests who have already booked on the basis for this amenity to be included. 

make it clear in your listing up front and on photographs of the spa and in your house rules there is a charge for the spa or just increase your prices to cover. 

Renee687
Level 1

Ok good to know thanks @Helen3 . When you pop these notes in house rules. How do you then charge the guest the spa charges?