Grill

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Grill

Hello all, do you provide a grill and if so, what kind: electric, gas or charcoal? Any pros and cons of the specific grill types you can share?

19 Replies 19
Beth6066
Level 1
Kill Devil Hills, NC

@Inna22 Propane only! I supply the grill with propane attached and have an extra full tank for back up. It is one more thing to clean, but our guests definitely expect it and use it. 

Birmal0
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

if you have evrything clean and in order in home you are oke with the guests ๐Ÿซก

Bonita53
Level 1
Burlington, Canada

Not necessarily of you do not want to provide a BBQ. Factor the clean up of a grill into your cleaning costs if you do. 

I don't have a stove inside, so I provide a good-sized gas BBQ outside along with the tools and sauce necessary. Propane is good too. Charcoal makes a mess for both parties involved and can be a fire hazard if not doused after use. Much easier to turn off a switch or dial.

Happy hosting

Bonita

Carmelita21
Level 1
Cape Coral, FL

@Inna22 I have a gas grill l. In Florida there are pests and they tend to invade the grill because of the fat drippings and food scraps that accumulate. Even with good cleaning they will try to come and leave their droppings and so no I place the grill in the garage. The guests have option to take it in the driveway if they want to use it .

Cleaning is a big problem and when you have guests coming the same day one is checking out it takes time. I took it out of the lanai because pests will enter the lanai by making holes in the screen cover.

Brad990
Level 1
Sylvania, OH

We do not provide a grill since the only place to put it is on the wood deck located in a screened in porch. Which would be against fire code.