Guests not obeying house rules

Answered!
Anthony1803
Level 1
Rhostryfan, United Kingdom

Guests not obeying house rules

We make it clear to guests in the rules book - a notice before they arrive AND in a welcome letter about the parking rules that need to be obeyed. We are on our second guest who is flouting such rules.

If a guest does not leave a review then we cannot get our review of the guest published thus other hosts not finding out that the guests are behaving inappropriately. How do we overcome that?

Secondly because of their behaviour (not to mention the poor state they left the property in we want to bar them from booking again next year - how do we do that?  

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Anthony1803 As Mike-and Jane0 mention ,of course you can post a review. Reviews are blind until both are posted or 14 days have elapsed . You should be prompted to leave a review , just follow the steps , use your dashboard on a desk computer , not your phone , and the review steps will be very clear including the question , Would you host this guest again.just say No , the guest does not see this ,and there is also a section for private messages about the stay.This does not show on the review and can allow you to communicate to the guest anything that you do not wish to appear on the published review.Up to 30 days after the review an answer can be added , up until fourteen days you can re adjust the review as long as both have not been published... H

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anthony1803 The review system is clearly misunderstood. Both parties can leave a review up to 14 days post the end of the stay. After either both parties review or 14 days (whichever is sooner) any reviews written are published.

I don't know how you block people from booking but I am sure if you leave a bad review they won't book again.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Anthony1803 As Mike-and Jane0 mention ,of course you can post a review. Reviews are blind until both are posted or 14 days have elapsed . You should be prompted to leave a review , just follow the steps , use your dashboard on a desk computer , not your phone , and the review steps will be very clear including the question , Would you host this guest again.just say No , the guest does not see this ,and there is also a section for private messages about the stay.This does not show on the review and can allow you to communicate to the guest anything that you do not wish to appear on the published review.Up to 30 days after the review an answer can be added , up until fourteen days you can re adjust the review as long as both have not been published... H

and anthony , your parking rules ? Tell people when you greet them because for one reason or another they are not reading or understanding what the directions are. If necessary get a NO Parking sign. Ask you guests before arrival if they have 'read the rules'.communicate communicate communicate... H

Anthony1803
Level 1
Rhostryfan, United Kingdom

Many thanks Helen and to you Mike and Jane extremely helpful comments - I've just purchased a No parking sign!!

I think i too had misunderstood the review process so will leave both reviews now and in addition will write to the guests separately a gentle and hopefully tactful  note about the rules