Guests said bed was "too soft"

Answered!
Steve3189
Level 3
Bristow, VA

Guests said bed was "too soft"

I bought this place with the mattresses in 2021.  I'm nearing the end of MY second season and the mattresses 3rd.  I stay pretty busy through the summer and not at all last winter or the winter before.  My guest noted the mattresses were too soft and worn.   Maybe, Maybe not as this is the first I'm hearing about it.   But, I'm curious what type/brand you all have in your places in North America. 

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Steve3189,

We also like to buy mattresses-in-box, and have purchased this medium firm mattress a couple of times for our rentals, and guests have said they're comfortable, Olee: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012J0GB06.

Personally, I prefer a more plush mattress than my husband, and this one offers some versatility, because using an overfilled mattress pad provides plushness, there is still a good bit of firmness.  No mattress will satisfy every guest because feelings of comfort are subjective.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

We have a new AirBnB and use the same mattresses there as we do in our summer home. They are Allswell mattresses and come in various sizes and "models". We have the basic one on our bed and the beds in our AirBnB. 

My brother-in-law was visiting this summer and LOVED the Allswell mattress. He had just spent $1,100 on a mattress (not cheap but they can cost so much more) and he loved my mattress more than his to the extent that he may purchase one to replace his $1,100 dollar one. The Allswell King size is about $500. It comes vacuum-packed in a box and delivery is pretty quick once the order is complete.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Steve3189,

We also like to buy mattresses-in-box, and have purchased this medium firm mattress a couple of times for our rentals, and guests have said they're comfortable, Olee: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012J0GB06.

Personally, I prefer a more plush mattress than my husband, and this one offers some versatility, because using an overfilled mattress pad provides plushness, there is still a good bit of firmness.  No mattress will satisfy every guest because feelings of comfort are subjective.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thanks for the tip, @Debra300!  I'm going to look for that mattress topper you recommended.

Lucy975
Level 4
New York, NY

I've gotten great feedback in the past about our Tuft and Needle mattresses-- people reach out after the booking looking to purchase the same mattress for their home!! So i recommend the classic tuft and needle version. 

But-- I wouldn't worry too much about one guest review. I just had a guest say that they liked one mattress but didn't think the rest were up to snuff when we have the exact same mattress everywhere in the house. So.... People are weird.