Has anyone ever listed "A Kitchen/Gathering Space"? as a separate listing?

Answered!
Ellen140
Level 2
Monmouth, OR

Has anyone ever listed "A Kitchen/Gathering Space"? as a separate listing?

We've been Airbnb hosts for a number of years in a small college town in Oregon (and also in Prescott, AZ)   Over the years we've re-configured our homes in different ways.

Recently, we just bought the house across the street in Oregon & are living in it -- we plan to again Airbnb the other house across the street that was our big family home.  We're in our 70's and have grown children and grandkids in the neighborhood.

In the big soon-to-be-again Airbnb house we have a guest suite area (private entrance)  with two bedrooms, full bath with w/d, and a full-size exclusive guest refrigerator in hallway.  Guests also have access to their own microwave and outdoor BBQ area. So really no kitchen.

In a separate part of the Big House (with it's own entrance) we have a large kitchen, living area with fireplace, game room with ping pong table and a bathroom with shower.

I'd like to create a separate listing for the "kitchen/gathering space" for guests that come to town to visit their college students or family and want to cook & gather.  Or maybe "in town" folks that live in an apartment & don't have the space to host large family gatherings. Guests could "add that listing" if they wanted more space than the Guest Suite.

Since we live right across the street and access the Airbnb property daily (without needing to interact with guests) to tend chickens, rabbits & gardens I'm not too concerned about the misuse of the "kitchen/gathering space."  It would be listed as a "shared space" --  I think -- but our family would just not use it when there is a group so maybe that would be private?

Big Question:  can you list an Airbnb space that doesn't actually provide sleeping space? Although, when our family uses this area we set up bunkbed cots or throw futons down so it can actually sleep quite a few.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year in 2024!🙂

Ellen (& Steve)

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ellen140 what you are effectively describing is a party location. This is absolutely not allowed on Airbnb.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ellen140 what you are effectively describing is a party location. This is absolutely not allowed on Airbnb.

Thank you Mike! That helps! 

Over the past 30 years this space has hosted home concerts & music workshops too. Not AirBnb of course. I was thinking AirBnb might not quite be there yet. 😂👍

@Ellen140 ** I don't think it will ever get there.

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Hi @Rebecca ,

I consider your edit ridiculous. The guidelines say

• Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, violent or harassing

Please advise which part of my original comment endorses or promotes violence. Or which part is violent.

Censorship is fine but not when it is random and misplaced.

I couldn't reply privately as the system does not let me.