Having access as an owner to my unit which is under management by a company

Answered!
Fady14
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Having access as an owner to my unit which is under management by a company

Hi,

Im listing my property for the first time on Airbnb and im delegating it to a professional company.

When i asked for access to the booking engine, they said that they run it under their master corporate account and they cant give me access, otherwise i'll have visibility of their other units as well.

is that true?

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Fady14 

Look for another management company. When I had a management company, they had a special portal where I could go to see the booking schedule, the rates they were charging the guest, the invoices to me, etc. I could add blocks to their calendar if I had booked anything on my own, or if I had friends staying. I couldn’t remove anything they had added, of course.

The only thing they didn’t do was sync to my calendar, but I got used to blocking their dates when I got a booking on my own.

There is a standard piece of software your management company can get to accomplish the above. I know it’s standard because I have seen the exact same Owner Portal interface on the sites of other management companies.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fady14 Probably - I have no idea how they run their business. If you haven't signed a contract make sue it details what happens when you want them to cease being your management company. Most service contracts don't do this and it means the client is often unable to move providers easily.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Fady14 

Look for another management company. When I had a management company, they had a special portal where I could go to see the booking schedule, the rates they were charging the guest, the invoices to me, etc. I could add blocks to their calendar if I had booked anything on my own, or if I had friends staying. I couldn’t remove anything they had added, of course.

The only thing they didn’t do was sync to my calendar, but I got used to blocking their dates when I got a booking on my own.

There is a standard piece of software your management company can get to accomplish the above. I know it’s standard because I have seen the exact same Owner Portal interface on the sites of other management companies.