Heating

Answered!

Heating

Hi I host a wooden chalet in a holiday village which can get quite cold in the winter months. I have put in 3 mobile oil heaters one for each room . The problem I have is they keep tripping the electric and I can’t up the wattage. How can I keep my guests comfortable during the colder weather? 

1 Best Answer
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi. Firstly, put electric blankets on the beds and cover with a mattress  cover. 

I'd invest in a couple of electric throw rugs. I have one in my home and love it. They are washable. 

These items cost very little to run. 

I agree you should close it down if it's very cold. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Claire2219 A few options

1) Shut down in Winter when there are fewer guests anyway and accept what is basically a shed is not suited for cold times of the year

2) Get a gas heater for the living area so the electric is only needed in the bedrooms

3) Sort the electrics out - 3 x 2kW heaters should only draw 24 Amps so any normal supply really ought to cope with this.

Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi. Firstly, put electric blankets on the beds and cover with a mattress  cover. 

I'd invest in a couple of electric throw rugs. I have one in my home and love it. They are washable. 

These items cost very little to run. 

I agree you should close it down if it's very cold. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ask the holiday village management company I am sure they can make some recommendations about what other owners are using @Claire2219 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Claire2219 ! Hope the winter-y weather is treating you and your guests well.

Did you follow @Bronwyn100's advice and go ahead with the idea of providing electric throw and rugs for your guests?

Do share with us if you've managed to think of other solutions as well! We would love to hear from you🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines