Help with guest expectations re: some reviews I've gotten

Danielle1757
Level 2
New York, United States

Help with guest expectations re: some reviews I've gotten

Hey!

My rating isn't bad especially for my area but I've had some super surprising knocks on my place.

1. Unresponsiveness - I have 5 "responsive host" ratings and then the last person didn't answer me until an hour before check-in of despite me reaching out the day before and I was in a work hole and missed it. They got in fine. I got the notification they were at the door on my phone and they didn't wait outside the door at all. 

2. Trash left behind? I was on a trip for the second part of their stay and had a friend watching the place and my cat. They knew this months before. I told them that my friend wasn't expected to clean up months before. 

3. "Dirty bathroom" - this guests dog **bleep** on my carpet not once but twice (no more pets). They did something in the bathroom and blamed me. 

4. My neighbors smoke on their balcony - its outside I can't tell them to stop and it can come in via the window in the room. I tell people immediately and have like 5 solutions that get rid of it in 5 minutes. They didn't want to use said solutions. These solutions are as simple as using the room spray I keep in the room. I'm buying a Glade thing I'm so over this. I am trying to decide if this is something I should mention in the description. I feel like I should but I asked a friend about the fact that trash does exist in NYC and so do cockroaches (my place now is easy-peasy compared to my last apartment on the cockroaches - one time I had a giant one land on my face at 2 AM in that apartment). I COULD give them my room but I have 4-5 clubs and more bars outside my window it is NOT quiet. It doesn't bother me.

I live here. Does your place living space look like this all the time? I clean during stays. DEEP clean. Its NYC law that I live here and that the entire place is shared except the room. I am registered with the Mayor's Office.

I chose to live in NYC despite the **bleep** you have to deal with like trash and cockroaches. They chose to visit. Also if you want to spend less than $400 a night the hotels have them too.

THIS IS NYC LIVING. How much do I need to communicate to people about what that means?

0 Replies 0