Hosting in UGANDA

Kevin3499
Level 2
Entebbe, Uganda

Hosting in UGANDA

Hi , my names are Kevin Muhes , a new host in host , i mostly host using suites and resorts , kindly someone take me through 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1223771564556149779?source_impression_id=p3_1723836145_P3htMYalxPNHBTgp 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1137521380762959392?source_impression_id=p3_1723836160_P3EUBH-wJWXEOtE5 

Bhumika_1-1723836193612.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

8 Replies 8
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Kevin3499 

You need to work on your listing a little bit.

It says 16 Guests but 1 bed

Potential Guests focus on pictures so include all bedrooms, all bathrooms , the kitchen a living room and if any exterior patio or something.

16 people means laundry.  If no washer and dryer the laundry mat if available?

Review your amenities, list everything because not every property has a refrigerator and right now you don't and you don't provide hot water and toilet paper.

Airbnb gives you multiple pages to build your listing, you have 2 lines.  Doesn't encourage people to not worry that the listing is a scam

Oooohhhh Dear Marie thanks along for this , atleast I needed it , a been wondering where my listing is wrong 

But promises are made, am working on this now now , the moment  I can't handle it myself.  Ama come back to you 

Thanks though 

Best regards 

Kevin muhes

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kevin3499 , Welcome to the Community Center and congratulations on your new listing 😍 Looks like Marie has offered amazing advice for your listing! Do keep us posted how you're thinking of refining the property based on the feedback. I have also updated the content of your post with listing links and photos — for easy access of other Hosts. Hope it's okay!

I'll also tag @Marie8425 for you, so that she can notice your response. 

Community Center Tip 💡 : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 This will ensure they get notified that you left a comment to their response!

All the best for your listing! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marlene76
Level 7
Montana, United States

Welcome @Kevin3499, and these places are lovely. You have good recommendations here, which I think you already addressed. I only have one question: why is the entire house listing in the “rooms” category? It doesn’t seem like it’s the right fit for your lovely place. Can you change it?

Nana31
Level 2
Greece

Hello @Kevin3499 ,

Congratulations on your listing! It'd be a great idea if you provided more photos of the indoor spaces so that the guest has a clear view of them. Also, let your guests know a few things about the area surrounding the house starting with the basic, like how they can get around (eg is there a bus stop nearby?) and even provide some information about interesting places or landmarks close to your house.

Hope all goes well for you!

Best wishes,

Nana

Hi @Kevin3499 ,

I have seen you have already got many very good advices.

I just want to add, that you should make sure that all the pictures facing into the same direction. I also have seen, that you have a hot tube in your description. So I recommend to show this in the pictures. All you describe you should show in pictures.

Good luck. I am sure guests will love it. 

Karin

Octavio122
Level 2
Prairieville, LA

Hi @Kevin3499 

your places seems relaxing. Just be ready t

for cleaning and having extra bed sheets and towels, even if you had washer and dryer, guests use towels, even spare ones, leaving you with more to wash off.

I don’t know if I’m the only one seeing the pictures flipped or side ways, but if you can arrange them upwards will ve even better, some people, like myself, like how good picture looks like. Also ahead in the future, if you want, I recomend a professional phitographer to get a batch of pictures for your listing, they look great!!!

and to finalize, welcome to the Airbnb communtiy😉. Best of lucks to you.

Maureen348
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

@Kevin3499 In the first link:

Your description said it's a hotel but your house rules says it's someone's home which one is it?

Pictures, 4/9, 7/9, 8/9, and 9/9 have a different orientation from the rest, try to keep them the same as the rest. A landscape orientation is preferred.

I imagine that it is a hot country, I will suggest at leat a fan per room, but preferably an AC.

No toiletries? Those are minimum requirements. 

Safety is another issue, at least a smoke alarm will help.

In the he second link:

I want to add that you may want to consider listing them as bedrooms if that's what they are. Meaning if they have interconnecting rooms to accommodate 16+ guests that should be part of your description. In that case you may have to price them accordingly based on the number of beds per room and of course the whole layout will determine the best approach, but it's hard to say not knowing.

In the second link:

I  agree with @Marie8425 . I want to add that you may want to consider listing them as bedrooms if that's what they are. Meaning if they have interconnecting rooms to accommodate 16+ guests that should be part of your description. In that case you may have to price them accordingly based on the number of beds per room and of course the whole layout will determine the best approach, but it's hard to say not knowing.

I don't think you need to have people in the pictures, take example from how hotels show their property. You can dress up the table with place mats to show how many people that it can accommodate