How Do You Manage Guest Inquiries During Busy Times?

Shiv224
Level 1
Delhi, India

How Do You Manage Guest Inquiries During Busy Times?

Hey everyone!
I’ve noticed that guest inquiries can pile up, especially during peak seasons. How do you all handle guest communication during these busy times? Are you using any tools or strategies to keep things running smoothly? I’d love to hear what’s working for you!

2 Replies 2
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 20.05.13.pngHi Shiv, 

With experience you will anticipate 99% of guest questions, I recommend incorporating your answers into schedules messages 1 week before the stay and 1 day before the stay.  These are times when guest is receptive and thinking about their travel.

I  swear by my online TOUCHSTAY guidebook.
If you private message me I'll send you the link.

With an online guidebook you can modify it literally real time.

And with experience, you'll see, 80% of guest questions are always the same.

For example, people always ask me, before arriving, do you have a hair dryer and do you have beach towels.

Go on a webgraphic app like Canva to make a few visual answers to your most frequent questions.

Hi Shiv,

Handling guest inquiries during busy times requires a mix of automation and personal touch. Using automated messaging tools can be a big help; they allow you to set up responses for frequently asked questions and common situations, ensuring that guests receive quick answers. Chatbots are also becoming more popular, providing instant responses and handling routine queries efficiently.

Many hosts find it helpful to use property management software that centralizes all communications in one place. This can streamline the process, making it easier to keep track of conversations and respond promptly. Additionally, having a detailed and comprehensive listing can preemptively answer many guest questions, reducing the number of inquiries you receive.

Some hosts also find that using the Instant Book feature reduces the need for lengthy communications before bookings, as guests can book directly if they meet predefined criteria.

And if things get too busy, hiring a co-host to manage guest communications can be a valuable strategy to ensure that all inquiries are handled promptly and professionally.

These methods can keep things running smoothly, even during peak times, while still providing a personal and responsive experience for guests.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management