How can I block a whiny, unjustifiably-unhappy guest from booking again?

Samia85
Level 2
Burien, WA

How can I block a whiny, unjustifiably-unhappy guest from booking again?

There does not seem to be an adequate solution to blocking an unpleasant guest (not abusive, racist, or inappropriate) from making a repeat booking. I have followed the advice of other posts which results in flagging a message, and then explaining that the flag is not actually as a result of an abusive, racist or inappropriate message. I've now had two out of 35 guests, smile and tell me how wonderful our listing is, and that they plan to be back,  and then turn around and give me a 4-star rating because of certain issues that are clearly described in the listing. There must be some other way to block a whiny guest from returning. Any other solutions?

Peace, Love & Justice
Samia
1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Samia85 if a returning guest books/tries to book with you it will be clear they are returning. At this point you can either refuse the booking or cancel the booking if you allow Instant Book.

That said why punish someone for a 4 star review. There is every chance they don't understand the implications of this and they probably felt 4 stars was a good rating.