How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

683618120857757363-20 (3).jpg

Hello everyone 😊

Today, I would love to hear how you handle your bed linens and sheets!

This is an important part of creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.

• Some Hosts choose to manage laundry themselves, making sure to wash linens right after each guest checks out and keeping extra sets handy for quick turnaround. 
  • Others prefer to take a step back and use a professional laundry service to make things easier, especially if they have a lot of guests or properties.

What’s your approach? Do you prefer to handle it yourself, or do you like the convenience of outsourcing laundry? 🧺

I would love to hear why you prefer your chosen approach and look forward to reading about your experiences in the comments!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
3 Replies 3
Manu6933
Level 1
Varanasi, India

As an Airbnb host, I’ve found that handling the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets depends largely on the volume of guests and how much time I have. For smaller guest turnovers, I prefer to manage the laundry myself. This allows me to ensure everything is fresh, spotless, and up to the standard I want for my space. I also keep extra sets of linens handy for quicker turnovers between guests.

However, when the schedule is tight or I have back-to-back bookings, I outsource the laundry to a professional service. It’s convenient and ensures a high-quality result without the stress of handling it all on my own. This balance allows me to maintain control when possible, but also rely on professionals when needed. What works best for me is staying flexible and adapting based on guest demand!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Elisa When we started with just a single 3 bed apartment we did the washing and ironing ourselves. Once the upstairs two apartments were renovated giving us 3 apartments in total this was too hard. We found an absolutely brilliant laundry service in Derby England who I would recommend to all. Reasonably priced and they took all the hassle out of our linen washing and ironing. Towels we continued to do ourselves as they are easy and we don't iron them!

Linda-Lee2
Level 1
Naples, FL

My housekeeper cleans the linens and I keep the inventory, with extras of everything in case of staining, etc.