How do you keep your towels soft?

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you keep your towels soft?

Towels.jpeg

Hello hosts 👋🏽

We know that providing soft and fluffy towels is essential for a great guest experience. Maintaining their softness can be a challenge, especially with frequent use and washings 😞

I have read in the community that some hosts prefer to use natural products to keep towels soft, such as vinegar, which in addition to providing a delicate texture, does not leave any odour 🤔

How do you keep your towels soft and luxurious for your guests? Do you have any special tricks or techniques that you swear by? Share your wisdom and tips below 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

75 Replies 75
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Petra809 🙌🏽
I've never thought of shaking and squeezing towels before folding, I will give this a go! 😀
I wish the British weather would allow us to air-dry our laundry in the glorious sunshine ☀️
but unfortunately weather can be quite unpredictable 😥

-----

Shaking and squeezing the towels or even bed linen before folding has been done in my part of Norway for generations

Hi @Per-Kuttainen-Ylimattila0 , thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with other Hosts and @Petra809  😍  Do you have a particular strategy that you use to keep the towels soft?

I wanted to share a little Community Center Tip ‌💡‌ : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 (In this case the Hosts you are commenting to!) 

I'll also tag the Hosts in your respective comments for you, so that they can get a notification of your message 😍 

-----

Hello@Bhumika 

Thank you so much for answer. 

I use a laundry ball that has ceramic balls inside, both when I wash towels and when I dry them in the dryer. I let them air dry when possible. 

Every single Community Center Tip is always much appreciated! So thank you very much! Kiitos paljon! 

Thanks for sharing the amazing tips that you follow @Per-Kuttainen-Ylimattila0 ! 

Is there a specific reason why you prefer to air dry the towels as much as possible? Have you noticed any difference in the quality or texture, when air-drying or machine-drying?

-----

Hello @Bhumika 

Air dry makes the quality and the texture last longer than machine-drying.

But using a washing ball with ceramic content in the dryer makes the towels last as long as air-drying

I agree with your observations @Per-Kuttainen-Ylimattila0 ! I've noticed that too. However, air-drying can be time consuming too, no? How do you manage air-drying during guest turn-overs? If there's an immediate turn-over, I guess the go-to option would be machine drying for quicker results?

Thanks for sharing the washing ball tip as well. I look forward to trying that out😉

[ On a side note, currently we are also asking Hosts if they've had any memorable hosting stories or guest experiences that they'd like to share with other Hosts. I was wondering if this was a topic you were interested in exploring 😍👉Share your unforgettable hosting stories! 👈 ]

-----

Hello again @Bhumika!

I hope you are well and healthy!

Here the long "summer" that started in May ended last week.

The best summer for a very long time, even better than 2023.

The wintertime is my best season each year. People from Europe,

Australia and Canada come for rando/ skimo in the still virginal Lyngen

Alps 70 km to the east of the largest town in the northern part of Norway; Tromsoe.

For example, between one group of six people, and another group of six

people, the first leave in the morning one day and the next group come in the

afternoon the next day; I have more than enough time to airdry between the groups.

[Well, @Bhumika, I have had so many memorable guest experiences, that I might

share one of them!]

Hello @Petra809 

So you never use a dryer?

@Per-Kuttainen-Ylimattila0  No I never use a dryer, we have lots of sun and windy days so towels seem so fresh and soft

Ronan113
Level 2
Vincennes, France

I use for my towels a conforter solution as well as correct temperature (60 degrees) and 1200

rpm, best regards 

ronan
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you sharing @Ronan113 😊

-----

Hello @Ronan113 

A conforter solution?

Rose422
Level 9
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hey Paula, 

What a great questions, never thought of that, but I usually do not put towels in the heavy duty dryer, I mostly dry with medium heat and they come out more delicate. I actually tend to replace towels every now and then, but I mostly use Martha Stewart and Macy's spa selection towels that don't get so dry easily. If I was to use a particular product I would have shared. I would recommend using a softer laundry detergent (I use Clear), dry with a medium to low heat and use cotton spa towels only that don't get too hard, also replace them once in a while. Hope this helps. 

Rose. 

Aminta11
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hello from California. I keep my towels soft by first getting good-quality towels. When I wash them, I add the natural washer sheets and then dry them without drying sheets. I take them out of the dryer immediately and fold or hang them up.