How do you use lighting to create ambiance in your listing?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How do you use lighting to create ambiance in your listing?

Lighting.jpg

Hello everyone 👋

I hope you're having a great week 😎

Recently, I traveled to Colorado and stayed at an Airbnb that had sensors to adjust the brightness of the lights in almost every room. I was really surprised because I hadn’t seen this anywhere else. It got me thinking about the importance of lighting in different spaces and how it helps create a unique atmosphere.

What kind of lighting do you use in your property? What type of atmosphere are you aiming to create?

Share your experience in the comments 🌻

Thank you,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

4 Replies 4
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Paula ,

in our house in Venice, especially in the hot tub in our garden, we use lights to create a very romantic atmosphere 😍

Andrea6232_0-1724407370137.png

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Andrea6232, I agree, the lights in hot tubs are a fantastic touch! Thank you for sharing this lovely picture 😍

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula,

Adjustable lighting can definitely enhance the guest experience by allowing them to tailor the environment to their comfort.

There are many properties that uses a mix of lighting types to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Try to include dimmable LED lights in common areas and bedrooms, which let guests adjust the brightness to their liking. In spaces like reading nooks or work areas, provide task lighting with options to change light intensity and color temperature, which can be particularly helpful for guests with visual preferences or sensitivities, like those with astigmatism.

For the overall atmosphere, I aim for a balance between cozy and functional. Warm, soft lighting in bedrooms and living areas helps create a relaxing environment, while brighter, more focused lighting in kitchens and bathrooms enhances functionality and safety.

Here are some suggested products:

1. Dimmable LED Ceiling Lights:

• Look for flush mount LED fixtures that offer dimming capabilities. These are great for general lighting in living rooms and bedrooms.
    • Example: "Hykolity 13 inch LED Ceiling Light, 3000K/4000K/5000K Switchable, Dimmable Flush Mount Lighting Fixture."
  2. Adjustable Task Lighting:

• Desk lamps or floor lamps with adjustable brightness and color temperature settings are ideal for reading or work areas.
    • Example: "BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp with Swing Arm, Auto-Dimming and Hue Adjustment Features."
  3. Smart LED Bulbs:

• Smart bulbs can be controlled via a smartphone app or voice assistant. They offer the ability to adjust both brightness and color temperature.
    • Example: "Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 LED Smart Bulb, Bluetooth & Zigbee compatible."
  4. LED Strip Lights:

• These can be placed under cabinets, along shelves, or behind TVs to add accent lighting that can also be dimmable.
    • Example: "Govee Smart LED Strip Lights, 16.4ft Wi-Fi LED Light Strip with App and Remote Control."

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Alicia753 👋

Wow, thank you so much for all these great suggestions! Do you use all of these products? Do you have a favourite?

Looking forward to hearing more! 😊

Best regards,

-----