How much are people charging for cleaning fee?

Nicky239
Level 2
Sutton Forest, Australia

How much are people charging for cleaning fee?

Hi

I have a 5 bedroom 2 bedroom house that sleeps 9 people. What is a reasonable cleaning fee?  It takes a long time to do all the linen. 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

The best way to find out cleaning costs is to get three or four quotes fr local cleaning companies or individuals. You can also speak to linen companies @Nicky239 

Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi @Nicky239 . How long does it take to clean the house?  A$35 an hour is acceptable. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Nicky239 

This is a great question! Did any of the answers below support you in quantifying your cleaning fee? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Nicky239 it'll be up to you as a Host how much your cleaning fee will be. You may consider the size of your listing when setting up a fee. You can request a quote from cleaning companies and decide from there. Research what other hosts in your area with similar properties are charging for their cleaning fees. This can give you a good benchmark. Consider how long it takes to thoroughly clean your property. If you're doing the cleaning yourself, think about the value of your time. Hope this helps! 

Nicky239
Level 2
Sutton Forest, Australia

thanks Alicia! Someone suggested that $35 per hour was a good amount.  The cleaning companies were a fair bit more and then the laundry was on top at commercial rates. But I think &35 per GR for me to do it is fair.  Thanks for your input.