How to select the number of guests for your listing?

Marta1792
Level 1
Naxxar, Malta

How to select the number of guests for your listing?

Hi! I have a new 1-bedroom apartment that I'm about to list on Airbnb. The bedroom has a double bed, and there's a sofa in the living room that's comfortable to sleep on because it pulls out. However, it's not an actual sofa bed with a mattress. My question is, how many guests can my Airbnb take? Is it 2 or 3? How do I advertise it accurately without being misleading?

Thank you!

16 Replies 16
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you,   @Lisa6912 @Karen232 @Maricarmen94 @Leslie810 @Liza3667 @Kim3331 @Latetia0 @Leslie1032 @Loren3156 @Linda553 @Elena4354 @Ana2038 @Maggie633 and @Mike-And-Jane0 😍 for supporting @Marta1792 's question. 

Hi @Marta1792 , you've received amazing support from experienced Hosts! Seems like they all agree to have the listing published for not more than 2 guests. How are you thinking to proceed with selecting the number of guests? 

I also wanted to share a little Community Center Tip ‌💡‌ : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to share a comment with. It will help them to notice your message sooner!  😊 (In this case Marta ) 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I would list it for 2 guests, although as you have a sofa you might make exceptions for a third guest if the booking felt right and charge extra, but let them know it will not be 5-star sleeping arrangements and may a bit crowded.

I wouldn't advertise that you have a sofa that pulls out.