INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

Hi I am @Judithesmail, my roots are in Goa, India, born in Dar es salem East Africa and now presently A Canadian. I do have my family home back in Goa which is over 150 years and it was restored as u can check it out in our profile "Colonial Home for a Relaxed Holiday".

Initial plan was for the ise of the family but due to logistics & time constrains I had initial leased it out to operators to function as a rental villa.  However post Covid I have ventured into running the place and finally decided to join the Airbnb community in 2024.

I hope to get some good insights to good hosting and to reach the Superhost level ams to maintain the streak on a continual basis. 

Hoping to get the tips 

2 Replies 2
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Judith1008 

Welcome to the Airbnb Community! What a beautiful home you have!
From my Scandinavian perspective, it has just the right touch of mystique and exotic vibes that would make me want to rent the place. The photos also exude cleanliness and are very inviting.

I have a few suggestions for you:

1. I love your cover photo with the lush greenery, a fantastic space, and a casually posed woman. It's a bit unconventional and definitely stands out. However, it appears slightly blurry, so make sure to use the highest quality images available. This is crucial as Airbnb's search algorithm considers photo quality when determining your visibility in search results.

2. I would recommend taking a few more photos in bright sunlight to showcase your rooms and pool at their best. Tourists are drawn to sunshine, so this would be a great addition.

3. You write, that you aim to become a Superhost. Airbnb has clear guidelines for achieving this status, which are evaluated four times a year, with the next evaluation on October 1st. Here are the requirements:

• "Complete at least 10 trips or 3 reservations totaling at least 100 nights.
    • Maintain a 90% or higher response rate.
    • Keep a cancellation rate below 1%, except in cases covered by the Major Disruptive Events Policy.
    • Maintain an overall rating of 4.8 or higher. (A review counts towards Superhost status when either both the guest and Host have submitted a review, or the 14-day window for reviews has passed, whichever comes first)."

You can read more here: Superhost Requirements. You already have a great review, so you're on the right track! 🙂

4. It might also be a great idea to highlight your location in Goa, as it's such a popular and well-known holiday destination in India. Consider including this in your title, for example: "Colonial Home in Goa," "Amazing Colonial Home in Goa," or "Traditional Colonial House in Goa with Pool." You have 50 characters to tell the story. Many tourists specifically search for Goa and are eager to experience the old India, so you have some strong selling points that you should highlight in your title.

5. I’ve checked your ranking, and you’re doing well, appearing quite high in search results for your area. This is likely because Airbnb boosts your listing under the "New" category. However, once you're no longer considered new, you'll need to ensure your visibility, as there are many properties in your area with pools, etc. Make sure to add more amenities. Check what your "competitors" offer and see if you can match it. This is crucial for getting Airbnb's search algorithm to prioritize your listing.

There are many other things you can do to make yourself more attractive to Airbnb's search algorithm. You can find lots of tips online by searching Google for "Airbnb search algorithm.

I hope some of these suggestions were inspiring!

Best regards
Karen

Thanks @Karen4131  for. Your spot on observation  and guidance that u have given. 

I will try to get some high resolution photography fone once we have some sunshine as we in midst of our monsoon. 

Yes the status picture is classy as it gives a typical feeling of a colonial living amidst the grand pillars what we call in portuguese 'fidalgo living' by the aristocracy of yester years whilst Goa was a colony of Portugal 🇵🇹

On the title of the property I will definitely take ur queue and have a coin a title more apt and catchy. 

Amenities is done with regard to toiletries as we have a basic hand & body wash in place. We have coffee & tea kept for the guest. 

For Airbnb guest we could sell the property on "CP" basis to make it in lines of Bed & Breakfast. However our kitchen is equiped with the require utensils and equipment plus the guest has the possibility to hire a cook who cooks excellent local recipes. This facility is liked by the guest as they can have authentic Gian cuisine and need not venture out to the restaurants ! 

Once again thanks for the trouble in pointing out the shortfalls and we hope to achieve the the 'Superhost' status and maintain it. 

Lastly my support staff, cousin Ashok and Narayan the houseboy who strive hard to have brought the place to what it was to what it is........ Do visit the web site ** to read the story and the pictures. 

I hope after you seeing the web site more guidence may come up. 

Warm regards

Judith Pinheiro Esmail

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]