Ideal checkout time

George2206
Level 1
Irving, TX

Ideal checkout time

Well, I am actually new to Airbnb. But since I travel a lot myself for work, and most Hotels rules for checkout is 11am local time, I tend to use the same rule more or less.

however, if I don’t have a new tenant coming in soon, I generally let them stay about an hour extra.

let me know if that satisfies your curiosity.

cheers!!!

2 Replies 2

@George2206 

Hi George,

It sounds like you're sharing a helpful tip based on your personal experience as a traveler and your approach to setting checkout times for your Airbnb listings. Many hosts align their checkout times with hotels, typically around 11 am local time (ours is actually 10am), which works well for cleaning staff and allows enough time to prepare for the next guest. Note that not every reservation is the smooth, so should there be a bumpy one, cleaning staff or Host can address it before the new guest arrives.

Offering flexibility when you don’t have a new guest arriving soon, like allowing an extra hour, is a great touch of hospitality.

This approach is clear, practical, and guest-friendly—especially when it's communicated upfront. It’s a good balance between maintaining a schedule and providing a bit of extra time for guests when possible.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @George2206 @Alicia753 

From your experience, how much time does it usually take to clean your space between guests, and how long do you typically leave between checkout and check-in for the next guest?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen