Insight on Engaging a Professional Consultant

Eric8455
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Insight on Engaging a Professional Consultant

Hi there,

I’m Eric, an independent creative collaborator with the hopes of getting into the Airbnb space very soon. I currently work with small- to medium-sized organizations and teams to support a variety of branding, business, and reputation management initiatives.

Over the course of the last few months, while traveling the world and sharing some some thoughts and feedback (publicly) about my stays in various Airbnbs, some Airbnb owners have gotten in touch looking for tips and ‘fixes’ for their properties.

I’m curious if any Airbnb owners/hosts in this community have ever engaged an independent consultant to explore ways guests’ experiences can be elevated and enhanced. Or, if that’s something you would even consider.

To be clear, not just interior design consulting (which could be a part of it) but comprehensive user- and customer experience insight as well. Think more along the lines of process automation, editing and creative writing (instruction, guides, etc.), and the mitigation of customer issues (leading to disappointment and bad reviews).

My experience in the hospitality design space paired with the deep understanding I have for online user expectations, plus the recent messages I’ve received, make me feel there might be something here but I’m not totally sure if there’s really a market for it. Or, if all of this falls under the DIY bits that owners/hosts prefer to be at the helm of themselves?

If this feels in alignment: What worked or didn't work for you when engaging an independent consultant? (Flat-rate pricing? Packages? Virtual or in-person engagement?) What are some of the prominent pain points that have come up for you among guests AND your relationship with Airbnb? How do you feel about your current property listing, pricing, and the reviews you’re getting from guests? And what makes you sing and scream about the process and role of being an Airbnb host?

I’m intentionally not sharing my website, company name, email address, or handles here because I don’t want this to be perceived as advertisement or self-promotion. It’s not and this would live outside of that, regardless. I’m honestly just looking for some first-hand feedback.

Ciao,

Eric Michael

0 Replies 0